"undergoing detailed review" anyone??

mesbah

Registered Users (C)
An inquiry for my 140 returned "undergoing detailed review". I'm from Egypt, so I'm guessing it's going to be another year or two? I guess CSC didn't get the memo about not holding the 140 up until 485 is ready. Any idea why they're holding up 140 for this? I'm guessing it's name check related. I am waiting to hear from fbi for confirmation that my name check is pending. Also, any idea if "undergoing detailed review" is another term like "additional security checks" which everyone else seems to get? Is it different?

Frustrating. :mad:

If anyone has any experience with this, please share.

I'm in the same boat

I am another unlucky one in the same boat. My name check has been
pending since May 4, 2004, and it seems endless.

Let's encourage each other in this tough period...

140/485 RD 4/23/2004
CSC-EB2
Name check pending since 5/4/2004

All pending..........................

mesbah and Aprilcase,
undergoing detailed review is not due to name check. its about I-140.
one of my friend got same and lawyer saying he is having textile engg. degree so they are eavualting.

Also, now a days CSC giving response to inquiries like undergoing detailed review and additional system checks and CSC cleared in AILA meeting that you can't do next inquiry within 180 days and thats not fair.

Thanks
rb180
EB3 I-140 09/19/03 - Pending nothing till today

Hi Mesbah,

Sorry to hear that you are still waiting. I hope that you get approved soon.

BTW which memo are you refering to? Do you have a link?
Thanks

mesbah said:
An inquiry for my 140 returned "undergoing detailed review". I'm from Egypt, so I'm guessing it's going to be another year or two? I guess CSC didn't get the memo about not holding the 140 up until 485 is ready. Any idea why they're holding up 140 for this? I'm guessing it's name check related. I am waiting to hear from fbi for confirmation that my name check is pending. Also, any idea if "undergoing detailed review" is another term like "additional security checks" which everyone else seems to get? Is it different?

Frustrating. :mad:

If anyone has any experience with this, please share.

Apart from ability to pay RFE, I also got RFE for educational evaluation docs.
In that they asked for original docs and also contact info for someone in my college so that they can verify my information.
Now does this mean that even my case will be a candidate for infamous "detailed review and additional system checks" ?
Anyone else with the same experience ? My RFE was replied in third week of Feb'05

rb180,

What are they reviewing for 140? People in my company with the same degree from the same school, exact everything, got approved. Anyway, I'm not sure why my 140 is stuck, other than name check...

csc_pawn:

Here's a link to that memo:

http://www.aila.org/fileViewer.aspx?docID=17148

In Section 3-b, I see the line below which is of interest...

"Adjudication of the Form I-140, however is no longer dependent on the
adjudicative readiness of the Form I-485."

mesbah,
it depends upon luck, your friends got approved they are very much lucky bcos in CA service center to get I-140 Approved soon its a big luck.

mine is sept. 2003 but still "pending review and additional system checks" reply from CSC after last inquiry, first inquiry last year resulted same response.

In I-140 other service centers are doing good, many of my friends filed later than me got I-140 approved last year say 4-10 months only and CSC only scrutinizing more & more and very slow in I-140 that I found.

at this time, I can only say "PRAY" thats it.

Good Luck,

rb180
I-140 09/19/03 - EB3 (own labor) pending

rb180, mesbah,

I am in similar situation as you guys. Do you think it will be helpful to write to your local congressman to ask for help? I saw someone talked about this before on this board. We really have no idea how long it is going to wait.

cscgc_2004
you are right, contact local congressman and also we should write petition to CA service center about I-140, now day by day it becoming hell for I-140. yesterday message changed for all I-140 that it will take 270 & 300 days before that it was 350&360, so CSC is fooling all, actual days are increasing. days for me now above 500 days and still no progress.

rb180
I-140 EB3-09/19/03 - pending