Underage fingerprinting needed or not ??

wong_cilik

Registered Users (C)
hi,
I filed concurrently 140 and 485 a month ago.
today we went for FP code 3 for both myself
and my wife.
strangely, i have a 10yrs old daughter that didn't
get the invite for FP or biometric.
is this normal??
please share your experience

thanks
wong_cilik
:confused:

wong_cilik said:
hi,
I filed concurrently 140 and 485 a month ago.
today we went for FP code 3 for both myself
and my wife.
strangely, i have a 10yrs old daughter that didn't
get the invite for FP or biometric.
is this normal??
please share your experience

thanks
wong_cilik
:confused:

Wong_cilik,

We had the same situation. My husband and I recd. FP notices after about 2 months of our I140 submission. No FP notice for our 7 year old daughter. All three of us got I485 approvals in 06/06 and my husband and I recd. our GC within a week of that. Daughter got just the approval notice. Called TSC twice and on the second call they advised us to resend her photographs, which we did. Then last Monday, (about 45 days after 485 approvals) we recd. a code 2 FP appointment notice for her.

There are others on this board who have recd. GC for their minor children without having done any FP and still others who have had to take their 4 and 5 year olds for FP. So there is no method in the madness, in my opinion. The official line from the USCIS is that no FP or biometrics are reqd. for children under 14 years of age. But to what extent they follow this is debatable.

All the best.

Intezar

Intezar05 said:
Wong_cilik,

We had the same situation. My husband and I recd. FP notices after about 2 months of our I140 submission. No FP notice for our 7 year old daughter. All three of us got I485 approvals in 06/06 and my husband and I recd. our GC within a week of that. Daughter got just the approval notice. Called TSC twice and on the second call they advised us to resend her photographs, which we did. Then last Monday, (about 45 days after 485 approvals) we recd. a code 2 FP appointment notice for her.

There are others on this board who have recd. GC for their minor children without having done any FP and still others who have had to take their 4 and 5 year olds for FP. So there is no method in the madness, in my opinion. The official line from the USCIS is that no FP or biometrics are reqd. for children under 14 years of age. But to what extent they follow this is debatable.

All the best.

Intezar

Intezar,
greeting.
thanks for sharing your experience.
wow......
at least you got your and your famili's gc finally.
congrats and thanks again.
wong_cilik

Finger print

I am also in similar situation. We filled 140 and 485 together. I received my finger print two months ago (code 3) but we haven't received fingerprint notice for my wife and two daughters. We received the “receive notification letter”. Should I call 800 number to schedule the finger print for my wife? Anybody has any idea/experience on this situation.

It was needed indeed.

hi,
would like to update.
invitation was finally come.
it was just 5weeks after our FP.
thanks
wong_cilik

Finferprints for minors

Me, my wife and our 6 years old son filed for I-485 on 6/30/06. Me and my wife got code 3 biometrics notices two weeks after and were done. We received code 2 biometrics notice for my son about three months later to be done on 10/3/06 and was done. Code 2 biometrics calls for picture, one finger print and the child’s signature, which he has to do himself. Now our case is still bending.