Under 180 day rule - getting laid off

sVirgo

Registered Users (C)
I am too close to be laid off. I have no idea when it will happen, in a day or two or in a week .

I am under 180 days rule, so I am wishing and hoping that USCIS will keep their words before/by April 30th.

In case I loose the job, before decision is made. I am looking for the job, and would start giving interview from next week. It might take a week or so or may be more.

So Please suggest, what should I do immediately to save my I 485.

Thank you!

What is the significance of April 30? You filed the I-485 nearly two years ago ... you should be fine as long as they don't revoke your I-140 before you find another job.

No, they are not revoking I 140.

But 180 day rule, I am talking about that memo according to which my application might get adjudicated before/by April 30th. Then, if I don't have job that day.

What should I do?

Thank you!

No, they are not revoking I 140.

But 180 day rule, I am talking about that memo according to which my application might get adjudicated before/by April 30th. Then, if I don't have job that day.
What memo? USCIS sent you a memo telling you to expect to be adjudicated by April 30?

If you are referring to the name check memo, April 30 has no special significance, unless you know that (1) all other processing has been completed on your case, and (2) your name check was initiated 180 days before April 30.