Unbelievable

I am the one that started this thread and my ND is 04/01/03, so there is no way on this earth this can be true. While I think there is no point in getting all too excited, just for the guys that's got the adrenalin pumping, thought of letting my ND known. And BTW, the message has changed for my wife and my kid with the same ND.

My Online message got changed too.

When they fix the error, I expect it to say something like 630-690 days. While I don't wish to throw cold water on anyone's hopes I am sure it's more of a mistake than a miracle that's at work here.

I was excited too

Hello All,

Same here was excited too,,,Its unbelivable mine and my wifes says 30-90 days too. And I am usually Optimistic,.. isnt that what brings us all to this forum.. Keeping fingers crossed. "New Fiscal Year New Hopes"

Thanks

!!! Unbelievable..Read this !!!

as bizaare as it is..One important question. For people whose processing time which has changed from 500-670 or more to todays Unbelievable 30-90 days.

Are your I-140's previously approved ..meaning did you just file I-485 ?

QA CHECK-timeline changeD even for H1b

Just out of curiosity I checked my friend's case who has petitioned for her H1B recently and it has changed from 60-90 days to 15-21 days.
So they are upto something....dont know what.
MY RD:03/18/03 status changed to 30-90 days as well.

Note !!!!!!!!!!!

I checked mine. It is showing the 30 to 90 days message. Absurd Huh ?

It seems BCIS wants to confuse the 485 applicants before moving processing times to 630 to 690 days or so.

As they are telling about reducing the processing times, they may be not comfortable to increase the processing times without doing this type of gimmicks.

I can uderstand the agony of my fellow 485 filers after seeing the new message.

But I wonder how people becoming too much optmistic in their postings.

Believe me they don't reduce the processing time cosiderably, unless economy picks up.

Most of this year they play safe game by putting the processing time at any means more than 18 months.

If any body want to put hopes less than this time frame, they should rethink twice.

My 2 cents

RD 06/10/2002.
ND 06/26/2002.
Got second EAD, AP.
No RFE. (Ofcourse time may be not yet)

Most such messages are not single messages, This type of messages are usually formed by appending more than one message to form a big message.
The first part is our ND picked up individual to each of us.
The second part is a standard message...."we mailed you..."
The third part is the time trigger....."It is taking between..."
Mostly probably, in the third part a wrong message code is being triggered OR while making updates to message table, the great software developer or DBA would have updated a wrong message number.

I still wish that this is not an error and our 485's would be approved soon. Good luck to every one of us....

Months not days

May be it is months and not days (30 to 90 months).
You need not be surprised, by looking at how processsing times are going.

i resisted...

but decided some input to this growing thread...

i just checked my EAD application status online, and it's been also changes from 90-120 days on Friday to 30-90 days. i guess, then, it's some software glitch that reduces the backlog by some amount "x"?

dream on...

WOW! see the posting on this thread

If the glitch writes 1 week to 2 weeks than this thread will quadruple in size. It is just not practical for BCIS to have that fast turn around time.

AVM Says the same

I checked the AVM which has the same messages which is posted on the WEB, looks like somebody is going to pay for this mistake

Do not believe this It is mistakes.
I called 1-800 number of custom servic. The lady over the phone told me the processing time in NSC is 26 months right now. I have to wait another two more months to send my inquiry. I guess they will increase to 30 months when my case reaches to 26 to qualify for inquiry. I am getting irritated by the way INS cheats.

MY RD for I-485 is 01/10/2003, message says 30-90 days.

My friend (US Citizen) got married and applied for GC for his wife, her RD for I-130 is 03/20/2003, and message says its taking 30-90 days.

AVM has same message as web for both of us.

I think they are speeding up ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok people lets think for a minute

Since when did these timing ranges make any sense BEFORE? Why on Earth would you think all of a sudden they make sense NOW?

It is likely, that even if this is not an outright DBA error, The Entity Formerly Known as INS decided that big numbers have a negative psychological effect on people, and since the numbers are useless anyway, might as well try to keep some people a bit happier between now and christmas.

Perhaps next change will be the wording "Our GOAL is to resolve your application in 30-90 days".

Mine said the same too. It is taking between 30 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.
Here is my profile:
Concurrent filing - EB2
RIR/ ETA 750 approval: 01/07/2003.
I-140: Received on 04/08/2003; RFE 07/17/2003; Approved 10/03/2003.
I-765: Received on 04/08/2003; pending.
I-485: Received on 04/08/2003; pending.
Fingerprinting done: 05/22/2003
Do any of you have similar profiles or had recent I-140 approvals. Maybe they are working on certain types of cases. I had heard that NSC has stopped working on asylum cases and might be diverting their resources to adjustment backlog.
Any thoughts??????