unable to obtain birth certificate

tanenbaum

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I am filing for 485.However, I am unable to obtain the birth certificate from my home country. I am also unable to get any proof from the local authorities that birth certificates will not be given (which is what is required by INS in case a birth certificate is not obtainable by the applicant)

Are there any other alternatives to providing a proof?
Do high school certificates OR court affidavit from parents work?
Thank you

afidavid

In that case you would require an affidavid from both the parents stating ur DOB, place of birth both parents name and ur name. You can get the details from ur lawyer. Everything has to be notarized.

Here's what you need!

Check out immihelp.com.

But her's my understanding:

In the absence of a birth certificate (at least in case of people born in India), a letter from the municipal authority (registrar of birth/deaths in some cases) is required along with at least two affidavits from close relative who cannot claim a direct immigration benefit through the applicant's own immigration.

What this means is, since parents can be considered direct beneficiaries of your own immigrant petion, it is safe to get notarized affidavits not only from your parents, but also from two close relatives.

AmitB

Consulate

Find out from the embassy/consulate of your country if they can issue a birth certificate. INS will most likely send you an RFE for a proper birth certificate but this will at least buy you some time.

In absense of birth certificate, you will have to get a certificate from the city government where you were born stating that the birth records are not available. This, in combination with an afidavit from your parents might do the trick.

RFE Regarding Birth Certificate

Hello:

I received notification for additional evidence request regarding my I-130 Petition.

The birth certificate I originally submitted was not acceptable because INS said it was an abstract--it did not state who my mother and father is.

The instructions said for me to submit a birth certificate issued by civil authorities.

I contacted the office of Vital Records (by phone) for the country, county state and/or province where I was born. The lady knew exactly what I needed and told me to priority mail the birth certificate I had to their office--and that they would send me an acceptable birth certificate in exchange at no cost. The lady also knew about the time line INS gives for additional evidence.

I hope this will be of some additional help to you.

Sincerely,

Fatmah Louise:)

WAC Info

Hello All:

I mailed the I-130 Petition on 04/04/2002.
1st NOA receipt date : 04/26/2002
1st NOA receipt number: WAC-02-171-5XXXX

I mailed the I-129F on 06/13/2002.
1st NOA receipt date : 06/22/2002
ist NOA receipt number: MSC-02-260-6XXXX

I received the Additional Evidence Request--I-130 Petition on July 23, 2002.

I received my new birth certificate today 8/5/2002, but still have to wait to receipt the G325A Biographical form with my husband's signature on it. When we filled the forms out earlier this year while I was in Egypt, I inadvertently signed his form.

As soon as I receive his form signed in his native languauge I will mail both the new birth certificate and the G325A Biographical Form to INS (Laguna Niguel, CA) office.

This is such a long process and I am just being as patient as I possibly can, just like everyone else.

Sometimes I cry, because I miss my husband very much.

Anyway, this is where I stand.

Sincerely,
Fatmah Louise