Unable to check AVM

Babooshka

Registered Users (C)
I tried the AVM 802-527-4913 and entered EAC-02-165-XXXXX but it doesn\'t like it. I have been trying this the past couple of days. Am I doing it the right way ? Please advise. Thanks.

If your number is EAC -02-055-55555 then you would press 802-527-4913 -1 -1 -3220205555555 - Ple

It says "Invalid number"

I tried this several times late in the evening. It says invalid number and just disconnects.
Im entering 32202165XXXXX

That is exactly what Im doing.

I presume this AVM is a 24*7 automated service. I have tried this only after 10 pm.

Check your reciept whether your EAC number which you are entering is the same as in reciept. Then ca

IIO may tell you what\'s wrong in there, if you are lucky.

I have double checked my receipt number.

The AVM sometimes says "That is an Invalid number" even before allowing me to key in all 13 digits.

Here\'s my take...

I assume you are pressing the numbers correctly.
The one possibility I can think of is, that there is something wrong with the dialpad on the phone. Try dialing from a different phone.
One case... My friend was using an imported(he bought from Japan) cordless phone. That phone did not transmit \'#\' or \'*\' characters properly to the base, and he could never use it for certain things. He could use it only to make plain voice calls.
Just a thought. Let us know how you make out. Good luck.

sammy

Make sure EAC # is correct- Check with ur lawyer

you might have incorrect one..
for me after getting I-485 receipt my lawyer gave me EAC #...
When tried that no i got mesage your case has been approved..
i gues which was someone\'s EAD EAC #.. then i talekd to my lawyer and he gave me correct no..

No success yet

On entering the receipt number, I get a message that says "The number you have entered is incomplete. Our offices are closed now".

any clue what that means ?

Babooshka

I checked AVM just now and it is working just fine. Going by the error message you receive, I think you are not entering all 13 characters of your receipt number. Remember, the characters EAC have to be entered as well (you would press 322 to enter EAC) and all leading zeros are required too.
For example, lets suppose your number is EAC-02-001-55555. After you dial the number and get to the prompt where it asks for your receipt or A number, you would press the following numbers on your telephone keypad: 3 2 2 0 2 0 0 1 5 5 5 5 5. The total number of digits is 13. Additionally, after you\'ve entered the digits, the AVM will read out the number you entered and ask you to confirm. Listen to that message properly. Hopefully it works out for you this time. If it doesn\'t, wait for the online status check utility from INS ;)

Try with the some other phone

I had the same problem - for past 2 days.
I tried with other phone, i was able to check properly.

Try with other phone. Good Luck !