Unable to book Infopass appointment (Charlotte, NC)

pennn433

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone recently booked an InfoPass appointment in Charlotte, NC? Everytime I try, it says not available and come back later ...

Is Infopass appointment absolutely needed at Charlotte office? Anybody went there with an approval notice and get passport stamped without appointment?

Thanks for sharing your info!

Penn

Yeah, I did try from different computers, home and office, no luck!

I will try midnight then. Thanks!

I experienced the same thing and succeded after few minutes.
don't worry you will get your infopass.

What I wrote was based on experience of what I saw in the Charlotte office, I saw guards asking people to come back after making the appointment. I had one appointment just for me and not for my wife, the guards let us in and I completed my stamping around the appointment time but my wife had to wait till all the appointments were over before she could get the stamping.
I did not ask the guards "What if I don't have a computer or a telephone?"
Hope this helps

So if I can't make an appointment online, I can always call the toll-free customer service center to book one?

I think Chinabee raised a good question - what if someone has no computer and phone? The guard will probably let you in and wait for the entire day.

Infopass still don't work

I have tried from three diffrent computers, from midnight to until now, so far no luck.

If any other trick works, please let us know.

ND 07/02
FP 11/13/04, without FP notice
AD 12/17/04
Infopass appt scheduled: Working on it.

GoTSC2002 said:
I have tried from three diffrent computers, from midnight to until now, so far no luck.

If any other trick works, please let us know.

ND 07/02
FP 11/13/04, without FP notice
AD 12/17/04
Infopass appt scheduled: Working on it.
Yeah, I tried from multiple computers and different times as well, no luck. Anyone with any experience using phone? I am going to give it a shot using the phone monday.

Same here

I have had the same experience for atlanta..tried different computers different times but no luck..wondering if the message means that no appts are available in near future (next 2 weeks e.g.)..especially since with other cities, it doesnt show this message.
could you please tell me what number to call for infopass? Is it the national customer service number?
thanks

sman76 said:
I have had the same experience for atlanta..tried different computers different times but no luck..wondering if the message means that no appts are available in near future (next 2 weeks e.g.)..especially since with other cities, it doesnt show this message.
could you please tell me what number to call for infopass? Is it the national customer service number?
thanks
I was finally able to make appointments this morning! I guess you are right, there are no appointments available for the next two weeks. The only option I had was for 01/03.

Here are some tips: have two computers prepared if you plan to make two appointments! And print the page immediately, saving the page will NOT save the bar code image.

Appointments are given out from a nationwide computer!
I had big problems with the infopass to get the appointment, BUT! i found out eventually how it works. all cancellations and new appointments are updated on the system @ 6pm central or 5pm eastern, this happens just as they close for the day and you must be waiting and ready just after that time.
Because they go quickly, i reccommened logging on all the way to the point where you put your details in and keep refreshing the page until the appointment is given.
So other words, go as far as you can until it says no appointments available, then refresh or back space to previous page and then retry, but as quick as possible. The main reason for the appointments going quick, is because some small firms in Dallas charge $20 for the privalidge of getting you that appointment and it's easy money for them, because they know the system.

Good luck

Good observations, dallasred.
I too for last few days was trying for infopass appt
Maybe we shd start a new thread Like Infopass FAQ.

Last night after the clock was past midnight EST i.e. it was Monday EST, I could get appts for starting from 3rd Jan. and then there was 1 appt available for Dec 20th.
I observed this for Houston as well as DC office.

So to me it seems like the appointments scheduler is opened on Monday for
after 2 week period. i.e 2 weeks from Dec 20th is 3rd Jan.
Then all the cancellations for the current 2 week slots are made available then as well.
You shd try to get the appointment quickly.. maybe like the way Dallasred has suggested.
I too saw some guys standing across the street from USCIS office yelling out. Those might be the guys selling the Appointments.
I didn't bother to check their price here in Houston.

The better time i observed to get appointments is between 6-7 pm in the evening. I got it for 1/4/04 at Atlanta.

Thanx again.....

Thanx again for the inside tip, we also got for 1/04/05.

Keep trying enough, that makes you think this is stupid, by the
time it will work.

People who are trying to charge $20 for this, should be made illegal.

One more step.

:) ;) :)

If you cannot print it immeditely you can try to make an appointment and when you enter your information your existing appnt will show up and you can print. But if there are not appointments available then you won't be able to retrieve your appointment