UN, Ginnu please help.....Go or No go for AC21?

Hi UN,

What will happen in the scenario when I join company B using AC21 and before even sending AC21 letter to USCIS, my I-485 gets approved without any RFE? Can I continue working for the company B or I will have to go back to company A who sponsored my GC?

Thanks in advance.

unitednations said:
sure you can join company c on EAD.

As long as they are giving you employment verification letter, make sure when they describe job duties it is very similar to the labor; title doesn't mean much, 20% wage difference shouldn't be a problem either.

Just make sure you are getting paid what they are offering you on the EVL.

If you want to proactively inform uscis of ac21 with company c then wait until you have a couple of months worth paystubs and then send in ac21.

although sending in paystubs isn't required when notifying of ac21, it is a good indicator that they have ability to pay you.

Thanks for the quick reply UN. I really appreciate it. Just one more quick question:

Will it be a problem when I apply for the Citizenship in future that I didn't work for the sponsoring company after 485 approval?

Thanks

unitednations said:
you can stay working at company b.

you are NOT required to notify uscis of change of job using ac21.

As long as the job is same/similar, you are safe. It doesn't matter if you notified uscis or not.

Thanks again. It releived me so much. You are really doing great work in this forum. I appreciate it. :)

Thanks

unitednations said:
No problem.

Worse thing that could happen is uscis asks you to prove that job with "b" was same/similar.

Keep documentation like job description, duties, etc.

This is worse case scenario that they ask you to prove it. It won't be a problem come citizenship time unless you were not in same/similar job.

unitednations said:
you can stay working at company b.

you are NOT required to notify uscis of change of job using ac21.

As long as the job is same/similar, you are safe. It doesn't matter if you notified uscis or not.

UN,
Say one didn't file ac21 and changed the job from company A(green card sponsoring company) to company B. Later,that person gets RFE for EVL, Paystubs or W2's. What would one shows? Company B only? Right?