Umemployment Benefits

tsc99

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I got my passport stamped Dec\'01.Got my plastic card Jan\'01.
I last worked in the month of Jun\'01.I have applied for my employment benefits in the state of FL last week.Do you think I will be granted the benefits?Do you think I will have any legal problems for filing this?Any help is appreciated.

No Title

You paid for your unemployment benefits. You will not have any problems to claim something you have already paid for.

No Title

Marta,
Thanks.There lies my problem.I am a W-2 contractor paid some $x/hr.I misplaced all my W2-forms as such I cannot check whether I or my company paid any unemployments benefit funds.I for one am sure my company should have paid some amount for such funds.In these conditions hope I will be compensated with some $$$.

I have a question about this .......

I got my I-485 approved on Dec.2001, but I lost my job last summer
( August, 2001 )
Can I claim unemployment benfit ?
Will it cause any problem about my GC or citizenship in the furture ?

Anyone has this kind of experience ?

Thanks

No Title

I think you can claim your benefits, however, I am not sure if you can do that retroactively. Good luck!

No Title

Hi,
My unemployment benefit has been processed.Could able to get max amount.

the question for wownow

Did you lost your job after get GC or before GC.

I got laid off before getting GC. Can I claim unemployment benifits ?
Does it affact my GC ?

Thank you in advance.

wownow...question...

My spouse lost the job before getting the GC and now we have received the GC. Can the Unemployment benefits be claimed?

Could you please describe the step by step procedure after getting your GC approval? Did you have to goto Social Security Office for new SSN?

Thanks for your help.

No Title

I lost my job before getting my GC.But applied for UB after receiving my plastic card.I say if you have Plastic card in hand go ahead and apply if not wait until you get ur plastic card.

You need to file your UB at the state where you have worked last.All the necessary info can be obtained at the respective state web sites.This is handled by an independent agency.No hassles.If you are qualified you will be compensated no questions asked.

BTW does anyone know a website where in one has these kind of forums for job seekers who can discuss about future employers and their relations wrt employees and there prerequisites before joing the company.Example like company X asking for last 7 yrs of criminal background checks.After 9/11 these kind of stuffs are common but it would be helpful if someone knows this before hand.

WOWNOW

I have a question for u. Is ur greencard employer and H1 employer are different ?
If u lose u r job b4 getting GC then technically u don\'t get GC. i.e
 u r H1 must be terminated. that means u r out of status. Then how come u r got GC.

No Title

People GROW UP!!!!STOP BEING PARANOID.
First I thought this thread will deal with guys who have some maturity and knowledge about Immigration issues.
Coming to this stage I thought it as irrelevant to mention that I have used EAD.
At the time of getting my GC I had a job offer.But that did not materialize.
And GUYS for God\'s sake don\'t come to conclusions and say one has commited Immigration Fraud if you don\'t know one iota of a case details.
Needless to say that I have done all these stuff with the consent of my Conservative lawyer.
I think I will rest my case.

wownow

I went thru CP and thought u went thru CP. We were just trying to understand u r problem. One of the person whom i knew, went thru CP and b4 his interview his company filed bankurpcy. He had no job and no employer when he entered USA. He joined a new company after entering US. I thought u did the samething.I know JOEF and other folks in this forum, who have better immigration knowledge than u. So .......

No Title

So what happens if someone in the GC process, gets laid off after the 180 day period, but keeps working on EAD for someone else, Gets GC without an interview?

What is the status of this person, future or present?

No Title

Thought I will stay calm but need to explain some stuff to guys who think they are SUPER SMART:

I am not saying others are FOOLS but I can say they are PARANOID.

Per my lawyer I WILL NOT have any problems while getting Citizenship.Moreover I don\'t care for Citizenship.If it comes it\'s well and good.

After being scared by these JOE\'s all through my Green Card process I think it\'s time for me to give a HOOT for these guys.

Regarding UB it\'s given by an independent agency which ofcourse is being paid by my employer and myself.I am just collecting the amount which is rightful to me.This is not awarded by Federal Govt.This all involves Labor Department nothing to do with INS.

I am here to share my experiences and one some JOEF(@#$ing) genius says I did an IMMIGRATION FRAUD I don\'t care a HOOT to his remarks.