Umarried but GC Approved but not Stamped yet

vivek_here

I got my green card approved on nov 22nd 2004. I am not married yet. I havent stamped on my passport too. I have questions here.

1. How long can I delay the stamping.

2. I am thinking of using my h1b go to india and get married and bring my wife in H4. is this a good idea ? what are the risks.

Thanks in advance for your great responses.

Vivek.

It is my understanding is that as soon as your 485 is approved, you are a permanent resident of this country regardless of whether you have stamped your passport or not. Stamp is nothing more than an evidence of your PR status. I don't think you have a valid H1B status any longer.

Experts should add their opinions.

There are other options open to get your wife here. You might as well try to get her on B2 and then proceed with processing her GC once she is here. One of my friends did it. Also check with a good immigration attorney what your options are.

JoeF said:
You should not follow the dangerous advice from FunnyWait. It is obvious that he doesn't have any clue...

First off, getting a B2 visa when married to a PR is nearly impossible.

You strike again..JoeF - Mr. Immigration Attorney - in case you don't know, please contact other attorneys or refer to CIS's official website.