Ultrasound/scientific tech/help?

sonogirl

Hi there to all..Happy Easter!
I'm thrilled to have found this forum and find all of the information really helpful.
Wondering if I could get some advice. I am a Canadian born/trained radiographer/sonographer that has been trying to get to Texas for years. A friend of mine received her TN1 as a scientific tech as our courses involve physics and biology.
I received a job offer from a hospital and they are willing to write the offer letter hiring me as a scientific tech. I am registered with all of the American societies that I need to be and hold my ARDMS (American Registry of Diagnostic medical sonographers). I even have my ARRT for xray....
I am planning on going to the Peace Bridge at Buffalo and just would love for any extra information/tips on what to do/have and I realize I must dress professionally and be extremely polite with a don't ask/don't tell mentality. Is that correct?
Any information that could be given would be so appreciated.
Thank you.
:eek:

I don't know about dress. I went in shorts and a t-shirt. It's not an interview.

While you need the originals of everything, a copy of each document to hand to them as needed is good. Also, scien tech needs documentation of the person you will directly be working for.

One thing I had trouble wth was saying "I'm moving to the US". Officer didn't like that. I should have said, "I'm going to work in the US". If they ask about moving, say you will be moving temporarily.

To Sonogirl

I thought I was reading my info there for a sec. I often go by sonogirl myself. I have just started working in Az as a sonographer. I tried going to Niagara Falls with my documentation including a copy of a Rad's science degree and I was denied a visa. I did not even get into the interview room!The lawyer for the hospital ended up working on it from this end and I did finally get my TN1 status as a scientific technologist aiding a scientest.
Email me at pjhf@hotmail.com if you like.