UK Visitor Visa approved or denied??

everonh1

Registered Users (C)
I had applied for a UK visitor visa at Los Angeles Consulate to stop over in London,UK for 2 days en route to Mumbai.
I have a valid H1 and visa stamped also.
I sent in my application 3 days back and today got an email- giving me the "Tracking Number" for UPS, but I did notget any email saying my Visa is "approved" etc.

Does that mean my Visa was rejected?

Will come to know only on Monday 10/15 when I receive the UPS package.
Any experiences with UK visitor visa at Los Angeles or elsewhere in US??

Appreciate any responses.

Thanks,
everonh1

Last edited by a moderator:
Successfully got UK visitor visa - 6 months -Multiple

Hi There

I have H1B with valid I-797 but expired H1B- visa sticker. I applied for UK tourist visa for 6 months (Multiple ) Entry.

1. I sent my all reauired documents to Los angeles office
2. After 2 days then sent me email on receiving my documents and said my case would be processed with in 5-15 days
3. Next day I got an email stating that " Your case has been approved and VISA has been issued and they also included UPS tracking number in the email.
4. they sent my passport in NEXT day AIR delivery service

>>> I am lil doubtful in your case because they never send only UPS tracking number . but all the best.

mclean

Hi There

I have H1B with valid I-797 but expired H1B- visa sticker. I applied for UK tourist visa for 6 months (Multiple ) Entry.

1. I sent my all reauired documents to Los angeles office
2. After 2 days then sent me email on receiving my documents and said my case would be processed with in 5-15 days
3. Next day I got an email stating that " Your case has been approved and VISA has been issued and they also included UPS tracking number in the email.
4. they sent my passport in NEXT day AIR delivery service

>>> I am lil doubtful in your case because they never send only UPS tracking number . but all the best.

mclean
u are right. they always let u know if u're application was approved or denied when they send u the last e-mail with UPS tracking number

I got my UK Visa, the first email did not say wether it was approved or not before I received the next email that had the UPS tracking number.

This was the first email I got:

Your application, passport and supporting documentation have arrived safely in this office. Please note that the processing time for all applications (except settlement) is 5-15 working days. However, if your application is straightforward and has been submitted with full supporting documentation, a decision is likely to be made within the next 24 hours. If further enquiries are required, a decision on your application will be made within 15 working days of its receipt in this office. You will be informed by e-mail if this is the case.
Please note that all PBS Tier 1 applications will be processed within 5-15 working days. All settlement applications will be processed within 60 working days as published on the UKVisas website (although we aim to process these applications within 20 - 30 working days in Los Angeles).
Please do not contact this office unless we have exceeded any of these time frames. If everything is in order with your application and we are able to issue your visa, we will send another e-mail to let you know when it has been despatched and provide you with a UPS tracking number.
Please note that our visa enquiry telephone line serviced by Worldbridge will not be able to answer any application status enquiries. However, you can send an e-mail free of charge by accessing their web-site and clicking on 'send an e-mail' at www.visainfoservices.com. Worldbridge operators will then send any application status enquiries directly to the Consulate.

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. Please visit www.visainfoservices.com and click on 'send an e-mail' if you have any general visa enquiries.
***********************************************************************************
Visit http://www.fco.gov.uk for British foreign policy news and travel advice and http://blogs.fco.gov.uk to read our blogs.
Please note that all messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000. We keep and use information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. We may release this personal information to other UK government departments and public authorities.
***********************************************************************************

The next email that I received:

Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued.
Please check your visa immediately on receipt to ensure that we have completed your visa correctly. Please send details of any errors or omissions to visas.losangeles@fco.gov.uk ASAP.
Please note that the UPS tracking number will not be activated for at least another 1-2 business days. It will be delivered by UPS Their reference number is #################
This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. Please visit www.visainfoservices.com and click on 'send an e-mail' if you have any general visa enquiries.
Visit http://www.fco.gov.uk for British foreign policy news and travel advice and http://blogs.fco.gov.uk to read our blogs.
Please note that all messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000. We keep and use information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. We may release this personal information to other UK government departments and public authorities.

Response time

Hi Bella Blues,

Could you let me know when you send your document and what was the time frame between you the acceptance email and visa confirmation email?

I got the 1st email on 23rd Feb and am waiting for their decision. Was wondering how long the timeframe was for you.

Regards
J