UK visit visa DENIED for the funniest reasons. Apply for UK visit visa at your own risk!!

Though I think your insults go a little too far, Mombasa_guy, I would be royally pissed too with that outcome. I was given a visa without problems when I applied in Holland AS A STUDENT with a very low account balance, so I don't understand this. I hope the Schengen people are nicer to you.

Mombasa-guy
I am also in a similar situation like you. Applied for Uk tourist Visa on Aug 12th. Got a response saying they will make a decision in 15 days.
Now I am getting worried reading your case. I have sent biometrics but only copies of my GC and no. Financial statement.
Can you please answer a few qs:

When did you apply for the. Visa? How long did they take to respond with their decision?
have you travelled to other countries before?
I am from India so does the nationality matter?

I am strongly inclined to change my holiday destination so hoping that you will help me.
Thanks in advance.

I am sorry to hear about your mess. I am sending my financial statement today but also on the verge of getting plan B ready.

Your post is offensive!

In the 21st century educated people are not allowed to resort to racial stereotypes whenever they do not obtain what they wish for.
You've lived in the USA for 10 years and you failed to learn this concept.

Harakad, I told you man! And I bet they gave you the same same "human rights" limited option to appeal! Good comedy from the "mighty British empire" :D. I don't think that tiny stamp on the back of the passport affects other countries much but please update us if and when you apply for the Schengen. I'll be doing the same from my home country in a few weeks time so will update you as to how things go. Good luck.

I got the Schengen VISA and it was a breeze. This is definitely a lesson learnt.

Fantastic news! Congrats! I'm yet to apply for mine will do so shortly.

Before getting my US Citizenship in June, I went to UK Atleast 20 times for periods no more than two weeks each time not because I was dying to go there but to visit extended family and friends and had UK 5 years visa issued three times, well it just so happened that last year in April my UK visa ran out and I had to go to my cousin's graduation in September, well I was not planning to apply for US citizenship at that time I thought rather than getting 5 years I will go ahead and get a 10 year one at a eye popping visa fee of approximately $750.
I sent in a copy of my GC like I used to in the past and thought that will suffice since I traveled extensively to their pride land and that two for no more than two weeks when I was given 6 months entry each time.
Waiting confidently one fine day I received the denial saying that a copy of GC is not a proof of US permanent residency and that he believed that I don't have any friends or family and then the thing that pissed me of was that the name I put in as my aunt in the visa application who basically raised me is not even my aunt...... What the hell, How dare he said that and on top of that he believes that even though I have travelled to UK numerous times I am more likely not to come back, man I was furious, But I was given a right to appeal, needless to say since I had already paid $750 visa fee I appealed and send original GC, my bank statements, my real estate deeds and a sponsorship letter from my aunt with a copy of the deed of her house plus copy of her British Passport.
After all this I finally received the 10 year visa on a appeal, circumstances changed in my home country and I decided to forget about ever moving back and applied for my US citizenship after 18 years of being a GC holder this year and got my US Citizenship.
I feel like shoving up that visa (Valid till 2019) up that british Visa officer's a-- that rejected my application last year and ask for a damn refund. That was the worst $750 I have ever spend on anything.
Makes me so proud to be a US Citizen now that I don't have to ever deal with those British clowns and their God damn embassy to visit their piece of poo poo country called The UK.
God Bless America.

Harakad, I told you man! And I bet they gave you the same same "human rights" limited option to appeal! Good comedy from the "mighty British empire" . I don't think that tiny stamp on the back of the passport affects other countries much but please update us if and when you apply for the Schengen.

UK visa denied for 2nd time...

they keep rejecting my visa ..I applied for Visit visa (6months entry) but they are not convinced that i'll come back.I am a Green card holder and living with my family here in US for like 10 yrs nw ...but it seems like they give a damn about it urghhhhh.....Now I am worried what if they refuse it for the 3rd time also...can I apply even after that or that will be the end of the game?....reasons are really silly like y i deposited money in my account before applying for the visa ,,Im not working so where is this money coming from all the irrelevent thing ,,i guess they just have to be concerned abt the funds not where its coming from ....neways can somebody help me out and answer my questions?

I find a lot of the reasons for denial in this thread strange, because, again, I was issued a British visa in the Netherlands where I was a student (I was a US LPR), and that too on a Re-Entry Permit, within a week! I had a couple of thousand dollars in my account. Maybe it was because the Dutch had issued me a residence permit. Not sure. Sounds very frustrating. I don't want to jinx myself, but I have never been denied a visa or entry anywhere, but if it were to happen to me, I would be very upset.

I've got a US passport now, so let's see how it goes. I'm going to Holland in a week!