UK Transit visa

Hi Tammy2,

You are very true. Now when UK is going to check my transit visa while going to India or coming from India or both time?

Of course while going to India I will not have valid visa stamped in my passport but while coming to USA I will have.

So while going to India I require transit visa. If I already paid for Transit Visa then ofcourse I am not going to spend any money to revalidate my visa.

Now one old question does using AP void H1B visa? Or using EAD void H1B visa or both will void H1B visa.

Thanks

Unbelievable;)

If my knowledge is correct then to go to India you do not need transit visa. Transit visa is required only if the entry into destination country is not guaranteed. Since you are citizen of India you do not need transit visa. Transit visa is required only while coming to USA on advance parole. Please check again with consulate

Thanks for showing me the direction.

But looking at that link I could figure out that using EAD will void my H1B visa but I did not not understand by using AP will void my H1B visa or not.:eek:

Unbelievable:(

But looking at that link I could figure out that using EAD will void my H1B visa but I did not not understand by using AP will void my H1B visa or not.:eek:

Sorry duplicate. I was stuck on a network problem. I did refresh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry Triplicate. I was stuck on a network problem. I did refresh.

Using AP will not void H1

This question was answered in some threads. You can enter US using Advanced parole and still continue work in H1-B. It is certainly not going to VOID.
Still, you can contact ur attorney for clarification

This is my understanding and correct me if I am wrong.

Assumption :
===========
A person is working on valid H1B (I9 says H1B).

The person also has unused EAD and AP.

====
Person Travels outside US and at POE uses the valid H1B.

H1B -- is still valid for work,travel and sponsoring H4.

====

Person Travels outside US and at the POE uses AP.

H1B is valid for work as the I9 still says H1B and not EAD. I am not sure if this is legally allowed. This may be a case where law is not very clear? :confused:

I think that H1B is invalid for Travel or H4 sponsorship as the person has already used AP. This is the reason why people get married when they are on H1B so that they can sponsor H4 visa for spouse.

====

Person changes I9 to say EAD.

H1B -- is invalidated for work,Travel and sponsoring H4. The person needs an AP to travel outside US.

I thought this kind of situation has been resolved. But I can see
Senior Member is also confused. Anyway if tomorrow I get time from my work I am going to ask this to my lawyear.

Unbelievable.:(

It is better to accept the simple meaning of these documents. At the POE no attorney will be available. The decision makers will be high school graduate officers. You need to fight in the court.

How long is DATV valid?

Hi,

Anyone who applied for DATV in India?
Can you tell how long did you get the visa for?
I have seen in this post for persons applied in US got 5 year multiple entry visa.

Thanks
Sept13

Ping Pong

Originally posted by pingpong02
This is my understanding and correct me if I am wrong.

Assumption :
===========
A person is working on valid H1B (I9 says H1B).

The person also has unused EAD and AP.

====
Person Travels outside US and at POE uses the valid H1B.

H1B -- is still valid for work,travel and sponsoring H4.

====

Person Travels outside US and at the POE uses AP.

H1B is valid for work as the I9 still says H1B and not EAD. I am not sure if this is legally allowed. This may be a case where law is not very clear? :confused:

I think that H1B is invalid for Travel or H4 sponsorship as the person has already used AP. This is the reason why people get married when they are on H1B so that they can sponsor H4 visa for spouse.

====

Person changes I9 to say EAD.

H1B -- is invalidated for work,Travel and sponsoring H4. The person needs an AP to travel outside US.

Well H1B can be valid on I797 but if visa expires, that H1 is of no use to travel. The point to be noted is do you have a valid visa that has not expired.

As soon as you use EAD you are not in H1 status.

Point #2 is correct. I verified this fact with my lawyer.

Basically your assumptions are correct according to my understanding of immigration rules.

In my case, H1B visa expired. But I797 has validity until almost end of 2004. But I will use AP to get into USA. At the same time I have not used my EAD. Though being on H1B status, I can use AP and my status does not change.

HTH

Any more experiences on trasit visa requirement ? did anyone hear or find anything else ?

here is my friend's experience.

my friend reached india 2 days back on Air India flight thru london. He had a expired H-1B stamp (valid extention) and no AP , no EAD.

He wasn't asked for any transit visa. Also though it doesn't matter but he mentioned that he didn't even get down the plane in london as his stay there was a brief one (about 1.5 hrs)

Transit Visa

Originally posted by vtg
Any more experiences on trasit visa requirement ? did anyone hear or find anything else ?

here is my friend's experience.

my friend reached india 2 days back on Air India flight thru london. He had a expired H-1B stamp (valid extention) and no AP , no EAD.

He wasn't asked for any transit visa. Also though it doesn't matter but he mentioned that he didn't even get down the plane in london as his stay there was a brief one (about 1.5 hrs)

My understanding is that the transit visa is usually checked based on the destination of the connecting flight. In this case since your friend was flying to India, they did not care to check.

But on his return journey he might be asked to show as the destination country is not your country of citizenship. if they dont ask well, who cares. If I were your friend I would have taken a DATV and have a safe trip without a remote possibility of hassle.

Hopefully he comes back without any trouble. I guess $ 63 is better than missing a flight and staying in the airport to convince the authorities and the stress due to the ordeal. Ofcourse LUCK plays a crucial role in every walk of life.

Cheers

Regarding using EAD/AP

I checked with my lawyear and what I came to know is that by using EAD void your H1B but using AP does not void your H1B.

Unbelievable:)

Regarding using AP

I have three copies of AP with me and I will be flying to India next year January.

Boston->London->Kolkata (to)
Kolkata->London->Boston (from)

My question is at what point of time I have to use my AP i.e. who is going to see my AP, who is going to keep the AP, who is going to return me the AP.

Is there anyone who can share their valuable experience!!!
Is there a new procedure that I have to follow by using AP and
not using my H1B?

Unbelievable:cool:

AP is required at the POE when you return at the US customs/immigration check.

Why do want to use AP if you have H1B ?

I already bought a British Airways ticket so I will be travelling through London.

I have a expired H1B visa stamped in my passport but I need Airside transit visa for this reason. I have a valid extension H1B papers with me.

So, if I pay for transit visa then I am not going spend any money to revalidate my visa again in India and instead I will use my AP.

Unbelievable.;)

Anyone use FASTRACK for DATV?

To All,

Anyone user FastTrack to apply for DATV, and how fast is it?. After applying online do I still need to send all the required documents?.

Thanks