UK Transit Visa

Sandeep420

Registered Users (C)
Any recent arrival to USA after CP interview from India via London ? I am sorry to post it again but just want to ensure if transit visa is required while coming back to USA after CP interview ? I will be travelling via London after my CP interview this month.

Sandeep420 said:
Any recent arrival to USA after CP interview from India via London ? I am sorry to post it again but just want to ensure if transit visa is required while coming back to USA after CP interview ? I will be travelling via London after my CP interview this month.

Here is what I found. But someone with a first hand expereince can provide more info.

http://www.britainusa.com/visas/other_show.asp?SarticleType=25&Other_ID=313

YOU ARE EXEMPT IF:

1. You are travelling from a third country to the USA or Canada, regardless of your routing and you hold a valid visa for the USA and Canada; or

2. You hold a valid airline ticket for travel via the United Kingdom as part of a journey from Canada or the USA to another country or territory, providing that you do not seek to transit the United Kingdom on a date more than six months from the date on which you last entered Canada or the USA with a valid visa; or

3. You have a valid US I - 551 Permanent Residence Card (Green Card) issued on or after 21 April 1998; or

4. You have a valid US Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration - Form 551; or

5. You have an expired I - 551 Permanent Residence Card (issued on or after 21 April 1998) and a valid I-797 letter issued by the Bureau of Citizenship authorising its extension; or ...............

BUT

Note:

1. Holding an I-512 Parole letter or an I-797C (Notice of Action) instead of a valid US visa; or a Transportation Letter instead of a valid US Permanent Resident Card issued on or after 21 April 1998 does NOT qualify you for exemption from the DAT visa requirement.

2. Holding a valid travel document with an ADIT stamp - worded "PROCESSED FOR I-551. TEMPORARY EVIDENCE OF LAWFUL ADMISSION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE VALID UNTIL ......EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZED" - does NOT qualify you for exemption from the DAT visa requirement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sandeep420 said:

Sandeep Transit Visa wil be required if your H1-B or other type of visa has been cancelled

thanks,
gc

Sandeep420 said:

At the end of CP interview (if successful) you will receive an immigrant visa. Having this immigrant visa absolves you of the UK transit visa requirement.
Therefore a UK transit visa is NOT required.

especially , since now this is stamped on the passport as opposed to a seperate page (before there we concerns and conflicting theories) .

nkm-oct23 said:
At the end of CP interview (if successful) you will receive an immigrant visa. Having this immigrant visa absolves you of the UK transit visa requirement.
Therefore a UK transit visa is NOT required.

thats exactly right, i went to india in oct for my cp interview thru london, as my H1 was not stamped i had taken a UK transit visa which expired in Dec, i just came last week and since its immigrant visa nowadays you dont need a transit for UK