UK Transit VISA

cashier's check in favour of

Hi,

For paying the british consulate, Whom should I take the cashier's check in favour of?

Your help is very much appreciated.

cashier's check in favour of

Hi,

For paying the british consulate, Whom should I take the cashier's check in favour of?

Your help is very much appreciated.

hi there,

i am having valid h1b approval but expired visa stamp(H1B AND H4). I am planning to go to India via London (British Airways). i also have valid Canada "Permanent Resident Card". i would really appreciate if someone can tell me, if i require a Direct Airside Transit (DAT) visa??? :confused:

Please help.
Thanks in Advance..!!

Avoid all British Airlines

Guys/gals, just avoid all British Airlines to avoid Transit Visa confusion.. UK is still in their past with NO FUTURE.. they now act like US; UK will never be US and will never come to superiority rest of the period until world exist..

Use Indian Jet Airways who passes through Brussels where no one need Transit Visa.. or use any other airline who passes through Brussels or Frankfurt or Amsterdam..

With my Personal experience at Jet Airways; their service and entertainment are great ;; also you can book ticket through their web site and if you need connection in India, you can book that too..

I'm not representative of Jet Airways, but I had very good experience in it and booked ticket online through their site many times.

But one disadvantage they fly either from JFK or Newark..

My suggestions.. Indians should avoid any UK stuff.. as it stinks like their past..

Use any airline other than UK stink airlines..

Wish India and wish US..

--- all above are my personal opinion only

Hi,
I am planning to get ticket with jet airways to fly to India from US. Is transit at Brussels easier? Should I need to take any shuttle while switching flights? I have only AP and no valid US Visa stamping. I got an email from Belgium consulate that no transit visa is necessary to switch flight in Brussels. Do they check for valid US visa stamping or our passports with AP while switching flight in Brussels. When I talked to Jet airways couple time. Once they mentioned that no transit visa is necessary if the layover time is less than four hours. Next time they said that no transit visa is required at all. My question is if the flight got delayed and the layover time is more than 4 hours do transit visa is required. Can you please let me know asap? I have to get buy my ticket tomorrow.
Thanks
Akil

Transit Visa is NOT Required for Indians in Brussels

Transit Visa is NOT Required for Indian Citizens to travel via Brussels.

There is a web-site for Belgian Govt and you can check there by selecting your Country & Citizenship.

FYI: I did fly via Brussels in Jan 2008 and my Family traelled in end of Mar 2008 (just 2 weeks back). We used Advance Parole to enter in USA (and no valid H1 Stamp in Passport).

Good Luck !

Hi,
While checking in with Jet airways in Newark do they weigh the carry on luggage? I have to take all my papers for the visa interview. It is weighing more than 15 lbs. Is Jet airways very strict about the carry on luggage weight?
Thanks
Akil

Brussels .. doesn't need transit visa

To travel via Brussels you don't need transit visa. Regarding luggage weight, all airlines are very keen on luggage weight, as it involves fuel cost and ground luggage transit personnel to do transit of your luggage.. so all airlines they charge hefty money nowadays and that covers most of their fuel cost.. so make sure you are carrying luggage within allowed limit.. (that is the main reason all airlines reduced the allowed luggage weight so they can rob the passengers.. ) so beware of luggage weight.. don't waste your money to airlines..

*** AGAIN AVOID UK.. UK is BAST**D's PLACE ***

Hi,
I am planning to get ticket with jet airways to fly to India from US. Is transit at Brussels easier? Should I need to take any shuttle while switching flights? I have only AP and no valid US Visa stamping. I got an email from Belgium consulate that no transit visa is necessary to switch flight in Brussels. Do they check for valid US visa stamping or our passports with AP while switching flight in Brussels. When I talked to Jet airways couple time. Once they mentioned that no transit visa is necessary if the layover time is less than four hours. Next time they said that no transit visa is required at all. My question is if the flight got delayed and the layover time is more than 4 hours do transit visa is required. Can you please let me know asap? I have to get buy my ticket tomorrow.
Thanks
Akil

Hi
I have applied for uk transit visa.
My travel date is Nov 3rd.
If i dont get my visa and rest of my documents i will have to postpone my travel until i receive my passport.
If i do so and assuming i have got my transit visa approved, is that transit visa valid for future travel dates?
Can i postpone my BA flight itself?
Please reply......

I am in a loop. Found this site just in time. Hoping for some guidance.
Thanks in advance

Same Situation

I applied for UK Visa and I am US Permanent Resident. My Visa documents along with passport, green card etc were received on Nov 25th, I got an email from UK Consulate on Dec 1st saying they are processing my application for Visitor in Transit Visa, I have not gotten any more email from them and I am traveling on Dec 15th, I am so worried, who do I contact to find status of my application?

Thank you very much Eltoro for your response...!! But I found the same from
BratainUsa.com..

If you are one of the passport holders listed below (India is there in the list)and will transit the UK airside (i.e. NY-LHR LHR-destination, and not NY-LHR-LGW- destination, staying in the UK less than 24 hours) you should apply online and send your application form with all your supporting documents.

What does this means ...i.e. "NY-LHR LHR-destination, and not NY-LHR-LGW- destination, staying in the UK less than 24 hours".

Thank you

Marais,
In response to your question, if you are Indian national and changing flights in LHR, and if you are travelling on AP, you would need Transit Visa. I had to undergo the same procedure.

Regards
Deepak