UK Tourist Visa application on the basis of US I-539

chiragv

Hi,

I am an Indian citizen and currently in the USA on a business visit holding a valid US B1 Visa.

I need to urgently apply for a UK tourist Visa, however my I94 is expired and my I539 application is in
process. Can i apply for a UK visa on the basis of I539 acknowledgment. I guess I have all relevant docs as
mentioned in the UK Border Agency website.. however not sure of this aspect.

Can someone confirm if I can go ahead with my application & travel arangements

Thanks
Chirag

Last edited by a moderator:
i have posted this question as one of the requirments for applying UK visa while in USA is the I94 .. which is expired in my case..but i have an acknowledgement of extension filed.

also.. just to add if its relevant
im just gonna stay over to UK on my way back to INDIA for 3 days. not gonna return to US

Last edited by a moderator:
i have posted this question as one of the requirments for applying UK visa while in USA is the I94 .. which is expired in my case..but i have an acknowledgement of extension filed.

also.. just to add if its relevant
im just gonna stay over to UK on my way back to INDIA for 3 days. not gonna return to US

You have to get a UK Visa in your home country. They will not entertain your application. If you have a serious emergency and they do decide to take your app, your I-539 extension will look real bad in thier eyes.