UK & Schengen Visa Help

Jenazah

Registered Users (C)
I need help in applying UK visa. I printed the application online. Got an appointment for biometric. Now all it said on the email is that I need to send supporting documents, including my travel document, biometric receipt and the printed application. It doesn't say anything about what kind of supporting documents I should send. Anybody have any experience with this? I'm thinking probably the usual, copy of GC, paystub, bank statement, employment letter perhaps?

Also I'm thinking about applying for Schengen visa. How do you guys get the ticket confirmation before you get the visa? I don't want to pay for any ticket before I get the visa. But it said no visa will be issued w/o a round trip ticket.

I'm using GC + RP btw.

Thanks in advance.

it's better to check with them "call them" so that you don't miss anything

Also I'm thinking about applying for Schengen visa. How do you guys get the ticket confirmation before you get the visa? I don't want to pay for any ticket before I get the visa. But it said no visa will be issued w/o a round trip ticket.

I don't know why they want that :confused:
buy refundable tickets... if something goes wrong... you can get your money back

I've always just printed out a tentative itinerary from a website like Orbitz or Expedia showing a flight I could possibly take. That's all they need. You don't have to reserve or pay or anything. As for supporting documents, it says that for a visitor visa, the list is in part 11 of the application form. Did you find it? I think these are the basic documents: proof of US residence, last 3 paystubs or employment letter, last 3 bank statements, reservations in the UK or invitation letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's different now, there are no application form anymore. You do everything online.

I've always just printed out a tentative itinerary from a website like Orbitz or Expedia showing a flight I could possibly take. That's all they need. You don't have to reserve or pay or anything. As for supporting documents, it says that for a visitor visa, the list is in part 11 of the application form. Did you find it? I think these are the basic documents: proof of US residence, last 3 paystubs or employment letter, last 3 bank statements, reservations in the UK or invitation letter.

So basically now you have to sign up online. Fill up the application form and make an appointment for biometric(in USCIS facility btw). After you did your bio, you need to print out the application and send it to the UK consulate along with the biometric receipt and the supporting documents.

But they never tell me what are the supporting documents.

They told me all the necessary documents will be on the email. Here's the email that I got.

All your supporting documents, including your application, travel document and your stamped biometric appointment confirmation form should be mailed to the visa issuing office shown below within TWO weeks of having your biometrics taken

British Consulate General Los Angeles
11766 Wilshire Boulevard
Suite 1200
Los Angeles California

Well, the list i gave you was from the UK Border Agency website. Again, if you have a question, just email Worldbridge explaining your situation, and they'll tell you exactly what to send.

I just got my UK visa stamped on my rtd.

Hi there,

I just applied for my 4th visa to the Uk and got approved...the process is really simple..here's what I did..by the way I am a green card holder through asylum and I applied for rtd in Late October 2008 and got the rtd mid December 2008.

You go online and fill out the application form for the visa that you want...I got a 6 month multiple entry visit visa to the UK

Once you fill out the completed application online through the British visa website..you print it out...You should pay your fees online...it just makes life simpler and they can give u a confirmation immediately..You now must get fingerprinted...You schedule your finger print appointment online...

Once you submit your fingerprints...you turn in the stamped biometrics, your online application that you printed with a photo attached and your supporting documents..

This is what i submitted for supporting documents...

My rtd
A copy of my green card
My round trip itinerary...you dont need to buy it...just plan an itinerary and print it out..
My last 3 bank statements as evidence of funds
An employment letter stating your employment status and other details
If you are visiting family in the UK in my case ..I provided a letter from them saying that i will be staying with them
You should also provide copies of their status in the UK...in my case my family are British citizens..so I submitted copies of their passports..
A copy of my last rtd that was issued with my last UK visa stamp on it...

Send all these documents and you will get an e-mail confirming that the consulate received it..they will e-mail you if they need any other documents
I did not get any e-mail

A couple of days later I got an e-mail that my visa was approved and issued ..and they will give a UPS tracking number in the e-mail and you can track your package..

I received my rtd today with my visa stamp on it...and I am going to London February 2.

Hope this will be of help and good luck..

bakeral,

Thank u very much. It is very informative and easy to understand. I just have one more question, if u have ever applied for schengen visa too, if yes do they have same procedure or different?
Thanks again.

bakeral,

Thank u very much. It is very informative and easy to understand. I just have one more question, if u have ever applied for schengen visa too, if yes do they have same procedure or different?
Thanks again.

For a Schengen visa, u have to appear for an interview at the embassy

The Schengen visa procedure is a one time thing. Fill out a form, take the documents and fees, go to embassy/consulate, and apply. The requirements are clearly shown on the website of the embassy of each Schengen country, so depending on your main destination, follow those rules. If you have an RTD, you don't need a visa ONLY FOR GERMANY.