UK General Visit Visa - I haven't received an e-mail confirming safe receipt of my application?

directlink2007

Registered Users (C)
I sent my application with all the supporting documents to the British Consulate in Los Angeles. It has been almost 9 days since the US Postal Service said that my mail was delivered, but I haven't received an e-mail yet from the British consulate confirming the safe receipt of my application. :confused:

I sent the British consulate and the World Bridge an e-mail asking them what's going on. I haven't got a response yet.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Emad

I sent my application with all the supporting documents to the British Consulate in Los Angeles. It has been almost 9 days since the US Postal Service said that my mail was delivered, but I haven't received an e-mail yet from the British consulate confirming the safe receipt of my application. :confused:

I sent the British consulate and the World Bridge an e-mail asking them what's going on. I haven't got a response yet.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Emad

Its taking about 2wks to hear from the embassy

I received a confirmation email from British consulate today after 12 days for their receipt of the application. They have mentioned in the email that due to heavy volume of applications, we opened your package only today, though we received it several days earlier.
-- Gullsam

I received a confirmation email from British consulate today after 12 days for their receipt of the application. They have mentioned in the email that due to heavy volume of applications, we opened your package only today, though we received it several days earlier.
-- Gullsam

It's been 13 days since I sent my application, and I haven't received anything from the British Consulate in LA yet!

Last edited by a moderator:
My Application was sent back to me with all the documents

My application was sent back to me with all the other documents including a letter from the British embassy saying that my biometrics were not transferred to their database due to a technical breakdown in the biometrics processing system in the UK :eek:, and they asked me to make a fresh application promising that they would process my new application as soon as possible once they received it.

Applied for Visitor visa..

Hi forum,

Can anybody tell me the processing time for Visitor visa these days?
UK consulate (LA) received my application last Friday (05/22/2009); when should I expect the receipt/approval email from them.

Based on the information provided on their website, it should be a straight forward case and therefore, they should process it in a day or so.
Am I correct?

Please share your experience.

Thanks,
Sanksin