U.S. Virgin Islands - visa?

bd37703

Registered Users (C)
:confused: Do green card holders (Indian passport) need visa to go to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

If so, does anybody know of websites that have information on "visas for U.S. Virgin Islands"?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guam has its own immigration policy. If travel to/from Guam
is demostic, then would that mean Guam can issue GC
on its own, i.e. if you have Guam GC, then you have US GC.

I read that many PRs in the military have also been sent
overseas in harm's way. Is such trip domestic or
international? discontinuation of residency should
not be an issue for apparenet reasons.

They may not choose to apply. Even if they do and tehy are
eligible immediately, it still take BCIS some time to process.
So at least for certtain period, they are sent abroad when they are not citizen yet. hence it is an issue if if the travel is domestic or international.

Do they need to carry the immigration paper?

When in Military, you will carry only one ID, your military ID. Your passport, visa, PR are all useless in any Military installation, transport, base, ship or mission.

That is good to get you out and get you in, as long as you are travelling with your unit. When you get back into US, you will NOT meet an INS official, you will have a Military reception which is much nicer :)

Also, military processing of N-400 is probably the fastest; I got my citizenship in 6 months (application to Oath); no delays at all, because Military personnel in INS Nebraska take care of your application.

Good luck.

When in Military, you will carry only one ID, your military ID. Your passport, visa, PR are all useless in any Military installation, transport, base, ship or mission.

That is good to get you out and get you in, as long as you are travelling with your unit. When you get back into US, you will NOT meet an INS official, you will have a Military reception which is much nicer :)

Also, military processing of N-400 is probably the fastest; I got my citizenship in 6 months (application to Oath); no delays at all, because Military personnel in INS Nebraska take care of your application.

Good luck.

If a non-citizen combat is captured by the enemy,
is he entitled to POW status by Geneva Convention?
Or he is considered as a merc? What if he happens
to be a citizen of the enemy country?

How would the enemy know you are a GC holder and not an American citizen? The ONLY ID you will have on you when in US Military is a Military ID, which has clear notations on Geneva conventions written on it.

the enemy may ask during interrogation: "Are you a US citizen?"
I guess in this case you can llie and say Yes. Neither the
false claim to US citizenship clause of INA and nor
18 USC 911 will not apply

18 911 911 - Citizen of the United States

Whoever falsely and willfully represents himself to be a citizen of the United States shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/911.html

By the way, French foreign Legion recruit foreigners. So their
enemy know they are not French citizens. But I never heard
they were treated as mercenary either (say, after, Dien Bian
Phu). SO I guess it is not an issue.

The US Virgin Islands do not have their own visas. But due to their location, ALL flights from the Islands to the mainland are inspected. In other words, you have to present evidence that you are legal in the US.

Originally posted by bd37703
:confused: Do green card holders (Indian passport) need visa to go to the U.S. Virgin Islands?

If so, does anybody know of websites that have information on "visas for U.S. Virgin Islands"?

Thanks!
[

Last edited by a moderator: