U.S immigration fingerprints and photo

jin28blaze

My question is , does the U.S immigration saves all fingerprint/photo of all immigrants who've applied for asylum for future use or are the fingerprint only required for background criminal checks then discarded?

A friend of mine had applied for asylum 8 years ago and got denied , then served deportation letter...She never left because the U.S is the only country she knew since she came here as a child...She recently got married to a U.S citizen and is expecting a first baby.

Now , she's aware that she could change her status through marriage but worries about her past immigration problem and the fact she had been served deportation letter but never left.

If she were to apply for change of status through her husband , wouldn't all her data which were taken during her first contact with U.S immigration on asylum go up???..The fingerprint and all?

Since she recently got married and adopted her husband name , she though that maybe with this new name , she could start fresh??...Or will she dig a deeper hole for herself.

Would the fingerprint that she will have to take for the new marriage case force up her old data?

once you have an immigration file with USCIS and go through a background check, the government knows all about you.

my suggestion is for her to get and excellent lawyer and take it from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you for the reply.

She told me she spoke to an Immigration consultant and was told that her past deportation order would must likely be a road-block...I'm trying to get her to see an immigration lawyer for more advise.

Now , her Husband is pushing this risky idea of acting as if she's someone new because she recently adopted her husband last name through marriage , and i told her that the U.S immigration people aren't stupid and you'd think they will have special security checks to block that.

Anyway , this entire ordeal is very sad to me because she's not a bad person and may be forced to leave the only country she's known...

I agree with you..

Applying for asylum was a move she made out of desperation.....If she had not applied , she could had an open path through her husband citizenship...Now , all of that is coming back to burn her.

i know someone who didint leave the country after asylum failed and deportation ordered, many yrs later, he went for an interview at a USCIS location for marriege interview as he married a US CITIZEN, he got arrested right there and locked up for 2 months and deportation almost happened, but due to cry of support from american supporters and law makers, his deportation case was thrown out and later was able to marry the citizen and got GC.

Since she recently got married and adopted her husband name , she though that maybe with this new name , she could start fresh??...Or will she dig a deeper hole for herself.

Note: If her asylum application was denied because of fraud (8 years ago as u said), then she might not get the immigration benefit for rest of the life.