Typical situation- RFE

akkubaba

Registered Users (C)
I have recieved an RFE for my 6 yr of Daughter they have asked for registered marriage certificate to prove that child is legitmate child of principal beneficary (that is me, I have already been approved). I have been legaly separated from my wife from last 5 yrs. So that, at this stage is not possible to get same. Since both has to be present even if we have to register marriage at this stage. We have submitted date of birth which has mother and mine name. So any suggestion what should be done to tackle such rfe!! It will be great help friends:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
what about divorce certificate, which ultimately implies that your were married and birth certificates of your child.

I am also in the same situation. I am separated for more than 5 years and do not have marriage or divorce certificate with me. I have a 5 year old son, my attorney adviced me to submit the copies of his expenses like tution fee, medical expenses to show that he is m dependent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have even submitted court judgement which clearly states about merriage and birth of child also I have submitted the birth certificate of kid which has name of both mother and father. Any input suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Folks please suggest some solution. I hav ebeen trying to reach to my atterony from last two days but obviously he dont want to meet or have time. Your help is requeted.

Where was your child born? Now you must be thinking why I am asking you this question? If your child was born in US then you should have the child birth certificate which states when the child was born and who were the parents.
And if your child was born in other country then I don't know what to say. I hope you can get Birth Certificate from that particular country.

Child was not born in US but I submitted his offical birthcertificate which has nam eof both parents.

why dont you do a DNA test for you and your son and submit it to INS?
that will prove for sure you are the father

I hav ealreday aksed from My atterony about the DNA test, he is insisting on certificate. which is very time consuming and I dont know how I can mange that. The funny part is Attarony is not at all coopertaing instead he simply says what is required you have been informed. It is driving me crazy after spending so much money this is the answer one gets.

Is it a issue of proving that he is your son or prove that he is a legitimate son of yours.
If its a question of proving that he is legitimate son then DNA test wont help...

akkubaba,

Sorry that you are caught in this situation. I do not have any suggestion to your problem. Maybe you should have a paid telephone consultation with Rajiv and get his opinion.

I would like to comment on your attorneys attitude though. Their mistreatment of immigrants is second only to USCIS. I think these are the only institutions who treat paying customers with such utter carelessness. That is why Rajiv is like a breath of fresh air.

akkubaba said:
it is to prove legitimate child.

I think what they want to know is that your child is from your marriage

I think you need to show them somehow the birthdate of your child falls between marriage date and divorce date.

akkubaba,

What rsur suggest is realy good Idea. I dont think many people will be in this situation. so dont hesitate to contact lawyers like Rajeev or Murthy.
I have seen that they solve more complicated issues easily.