Two FP notices within a month-- Wiered

vcpat

Registered Users (C)
I and my wife got our Finger Printing done May 20, 2003(in last month). My status is updated on BCIS site that they received
FP results from FBI and processing is resumed.
My wife got manual Finger printing done and her status is not
changed yet. But in case of manual FP it takes a while
to receive results from FBI.

Yesterday I saw Finger printing notices again for me and my wife and we are schedules for FP on June 19 2003 , this month.
I am not understanding whether,

1. To go again for Finger Printing
2. Or just ignore the FP notice

Thanks
VCPAT

I just gave my FPs on the 21st of May and I got another FP notice.

As it is I waited for more that a year for the first FP. I wonder whats gone wrong with BCIS??????

:mad:

Well my take would be...

If the status gets updated to FP results received & process resumed before the 2nd scheduled FP date, then ignore it. Otherwise, just go for 2nd FP, no big deal.

I called up my attorney and she told me its is better to attend it. Better not take any chances.

This thing is absurd. Two FPs in one month???

my 2c...

Some times if FPs quality is not good then they automatically generate second FP notice. One can find out if FPs quality was good or not by calling FBI number (304-625-5590 keep A# handy before calling).

As "Jan485" mentioned in this thread, if the status gets updated to "FP results received and processing resumed" after doing 1st FP then one can ignore the 2nd one.

- PCee

We got our FP done in Feb and had the online msg change to FP rcd and processing resumed. We then got FP notices in March. We went again to the local office. The office just took our notices and said it is an error.

I WOULD SUGGEST YOU DEFINETLY GO FOR IT. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO HARM IN GETTING DONE TWICE. ANYWAY YOU HAVE TO DO IT IF THEY EXPIRE AFTER 15 MONTHS, IF YOU DON'T GET A GREEN CARD BY THEN. MANY PEOPLE(INCLUDING ME) ARE AFRAID OF GETTING A 2ND FP NOTICE, BECAUSE OURS IS GOING TO EXPIRE SOON(15 MONTHS).
NOW YOU GOT A NICE OPPORTUNITY TO AVOID THAT. This time don't go for FP as per their schedule, delay it for atleast a couple of months. THIS WILL HELP YOU AT THE END. I DON'T WANT YOU MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY. DELAY 2 TO 4 MONTHS. YOU CAN ALWAYS FIND EXCUSES SAYING THAT YOU WILL BE OUT OF TOWN ETC ETC. . . AND THEN GIVE THEM THE FINGER PRINTS.