Two Different Applications For Immigration Through Relative!

Ali Murtaza

Registered Users (C)
Hello There!

I Have Recently Applied For Immigration Through F4 Category In January 2013, As My Sister Is U.S. Citizen. Can I File Another Application For Immigration Because My Mother Is Permanent Resident And Lives In Pakistan.

Please Kindly Inform That Whether My First Application For Immigration Through My Sister (F4 Category) Would Cease To Have An Effect On Filing Another Immigration Application Through My Mother Who Is Permanent Resident (F2B Category).

Regards,
Ali.

You mean your sister applied on your behalf, because you can't self-initiate a family-based application (except in certain circumstances such as death of a spouse).

You can have multiple family-based petitions ongoing at the same time, as long as they were filed by different family members. Then you can get a green card based on whichever one progresses to completion first.

How can your mother be a permanent resident if she lives in Pakistan? That doesn't sound right to me. Permanent residents will lose their status if they are outside the U.S. most of the time. Your mother may risk losing (or may have already lost) her permanent residency.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello There!

Do Anybody Has The Idea About The Current Processing Times Of An Immigrant Visa Application Under F4 Category.

According To The Visa Bulletin Of "April 2013" The Current Processing Time Seem To Be 12 Years If I Am Right!

Also, May I Know If The Processing Times For Immigrant Visas In F4 Category Decrease Or Increase With Or Without A Reason?

Regards,
Ali.