Two and a Half Months Since Baltimore Interview - No Decision Yet

Nandit Barua

Registered Users (C)
Folks, I had my interview in Baltimore on April 19, 2001. The officer told me that she was new to the job and would have to discuss my case with her supervisor. After all this time, I still have not heard anything from them.

No Title

Nandit, you can write to INS Baltimore or even visit
their office once. Two and half months is too long
for the post-interview decision.

No Title

Nandit,

Why do not you visit them . Are you not in Baltimore area . Just go there with all your papers like interview letter and hope things will work out soon.

Regards,
NickI485

No Title

Thanks guys for your advise. The problem is my lawyer did go to Baltimore and ask them about my case. They said it is still under review. In the meantime, I went to our Congressman\'s office more than a month ago. INS told them it would take another 30 days. That 30 days is also over.

During my interview, the officer told me that my file was too thick and she did not have much knowledge about my field so, she would need to talk to her supervisor. When I asked how long it would take, she said, "It\'s supposed to take 30 to 60 days, but I am not saying that it will take that long."

Another observation, my I-140 approval notice said something like my case/papers has been transferred to State Department\'s National Visa Center who would send it to appropriate consulate for further processing. I did not ask for a consular processing so, I just ignored it and sent my I-485 to Vermont. Recently I found another person in this board whose I-140 approval has the same message. During his interview in Baltimore, the office told him that his file is in India and they would try to track it. They did not tell me the same thing.

No Title

Normally those interviews are not an issue. But do you have any complication in your case? Best of luck!!!

No Title

I believe you should personally check this at
Baltimore office again, and tell them you were
told to receive decision in 30-60 days. Nothing
to lose anyway.

Goodluck!!! BTW, may I ask who was your interviewing
officer? Officer E or C or..... Thanks. We have an
interview appointment on July 12.

Again I hope you all the best and luck.

GMC

No Title

I believe to transfer workloads...- reduce workloads
at INS Center and give some loads to local offices.

If case is transferred, most likely to get interviewed.
If not, then might get RFE to provide additional documents
(which in case of interviews, will provide them personally
during interview)...
but still some do not get transferred or receive RFE
AT ALL and just receive approval in the mail.

I believe there\'s no particular reason in each
case, just random routine and to divide workload so as
to meet deadlines...

GMC

No Title

gmc01, what I have heard is that if you go to Baltimore, you just go to the window and they read your case status from the screen. Do you know of anybody who was able to do anything there?

Thanks

No Title

Nandit baurau,
 What I feel is if there is really any thing they can do they will try to help you. It is not always true that they will look at the screen and read what is there in it. Instead they will through some light why the delay is and kind of give you another token to find out more details with another representative.
You are not going to loose any thing in going there to inquire. At the most they say, they do not know. Be prepare for that, and see if at all they can do any thing you may get benifited out of it. That is how I think. Be positive and approach them.

No Title

Nandit, I do not know anyone in particular in the
same boat as you or did something that I was
suggesting earlier.

I agree with Karri, though, there\'s nothing to lose
but you might get some light on current situation
of your case. Tell them, you were already been
interviewed and been told that you will get response
in about 30-60 says, which is way past already.

GOODLUCK again!

GMC

No Title

Thanks, karri & gmc01. I will go to Baltimore on Monday to find out what is going on. I will keep you guys posted.