TSC slowing down?

buckdany

Registered Users (C)
Is it me or has the processing of applications (I was looking a I-485) slowed down dramatically lately?

I doubt that the approvals are slowing down....

Most of the folks must be getting approvals within 6 months...and they never bother visiting these forums...I guess

My personal take is,
It's just that most of the forum members here have been waiting for 1 year + and from retrogressed countries or so...and surely their restricted quota...is limiting the approval rate! Hence, no action on these members, I think.....

Like, I saw for India EB2 - 15 to 20 guys getting approvals last year...but then the entire quota of 2800...got used up in FY2005...Just gives you an idea of the scale...representation on the forum is pretty less...

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2 cents

This is not scientific study but, based on my observation of EB1 (even for India), I do not think TSC is slowing down. I have seen atleast 10-20 EB1's approved in less than 4-6 weeks from 485 Receipt date.

Pace of approvals ...

buckdany said:
Is it me or has the processing of applications (I was looking a I-485) slowed down dramatically lately?

buckdany,

TSC is approving most 485s within 6 months now. As someone already pointed out, most categories that are followed on this forum are retrogressed and hence the pace of approvals cannot be judged through this forum.

cheers,

saras

Axxe,

Yep, I know...I myslef have been waiting for 1 year + now...

It's like either you are not stuck in namecheck ...then you are done in 6 mos or less..
or if you are unlucky and stuck in namecheck.....then it may be anywhere from 1.5 years to 3 years!

I sent in my I485 package on 11/2 overnight and got notice on 11/13. Today 11/28 I got my notice for ACS appointment . Considering how long this journey has been, I'd say they're moving fast :D

envision said:
I sent in my I485 package on 11/2 overnight and got notice on 11/13. Today 11/28 I got my notice for ACS appointment . Considering how long this journey has been, I'd say they're moving fast :D

we sent our 140/485 on 4/26 and receipt date is 4/28
Then we got 140 approved on 5/18 and FP done in 5/19. Isn't that fast enough??
However, our 485 still pending now...
per the conversation between my husband and TSC, we are not stuck in namecheck. The officer said that it's still within their processing schedule and we should be able to get it within 60 days.....
In addition, I have radomly checked some 485 case numbers(5-10) before/after our case number and I have not seen their status changed, either. Therefore, I did believe that they are slowing down for year end...

I said most ...

Axxe said:
No it does not. My colleague and myself are on the 8th month now.

Axxe,

Most does not mean all. Cases that are stuck in background/name checks, have outstanding RFEs or are transferred to local offices do not fall under the 6 month window. Still atleast 70-80% of cases are being approved within 6 months. This represents most.

regards,

saras

Year end slowdown ..

bay said:
we sent our 140/485 on 4/26 and receipt date is 4/28
Then we got 140 approved on 5/18 and FP done in 5/19. Isn't that fast enough??
However, our 485 still pending now...
per the conversation between my husband and TSC, we are not stuck in namecheck. The officer said that it's still within their processing schedule and we should be able to get it within 60 days.....
In addition, I have radomly checked some 485 case numbers(5-10) before/after our case number and I have not seen their status changed, either. Therefore, I did believe that they are slowing down for year end...

bay,

Almost the entire US shuts down in December and USCIS is no exception. Things will get back to normal mid january.

regards,

saras

bay: under processing?

are your cases currently in processin (or under review by an immg officer)?

I called 3 weeks ago and was told that my name check was cleared and currently under review by an immg officer, whatever that means. I was told to just stay put and give it more time.

wonder if the 60 days you were given was mandatory or just for getting rid of more inquiries.

saras76 said:
Still atleast 70-80% of cases are being approved within 6 months. This represents most.

According to http://www.immigrationwatch.com/ - no it is not. It is about 1/3 overall, half of the rest without visa numbers, so it is less then 50% of the eligible cases that are done within 6 months. This is confirmed by a scan of case numbers - and where did you get your overly optimistic number from?

I485--Adjustment of Status (Texas Service Center), SRC061535****

Based on the processing records of the same type of cases in this center, statistics analysis shows:
Percentage of cases filed around your case's filing date which have been approved:
29.28%

On average(50-50), your case may be approved around:
04/06/07

If you are lucky(75-25), your case should have been approved before:
09/16/06

Stats ...

Axxe said:
According to http://www.immigrationwatch.com/ - no it is not. It is about 1/3 overall, half of the rest without visa numbers, so it is less then 50% of the eligible cases that are done within 6 months. This is confirmed by a scan of case numbers - and where did you get your overly optimistic number from?

I might have been overly optimistic as you said but if your PD is current and your RD is beyond 30 days of the posted processing date then its time to start following up with the TSC and asking for answers. There should be no reason to delay cases now unless there are namecheck/background check issues. In these days of uncertainty, it is best to be a little aggresive about following up even if this means that you have to go to a congressman. Trust me, I made the mistake of not being aggresive and am now stuck in endless retrogression.

regards,

saras

saras76 said:
your RD is beyond 30 days of the posted processing date then its time to start following up with the TSC and asking for answers. There should be no reason to delay cases now unless there are namecheck/background check issues.

Already did, as soon as 30 days passed, got a couple of useless reference numbers.

We all know what it is - they are busy expediting those who filed WOM and processing those who had been lucky to get no hit, so collecting evidence for a future WOM is all we could do.

The only reason I have responded was to point out to some evidence backed by a full list of cases pending with all recent updates as I have seen on the site I have cited.

Sixets said:
are your cases currently in processin (or under review by an immg officer)?

I called 3 weeks ago and was told that my name check was cleared and currently under review by an immg officer, whatever that means. I was told to just stay put and give it more time.

wonder if the 60 days you were given was mandatory or just for getting rid of more inquiries.

Not sure....
When my husband called TSC, the officer did open his file and read through his information, such as EB2, from Taiwan..so and so... Then he told my husband that based on their processing speed, we should be able to get it within next 2 months and don't need to worry. I remembered that I saw it somewhere that if the case is under review, the immigration officer should make decision within 60 days so that I guess our case is currently under review. However, my husband forgot to ask if there is any problem reagarding background check in our case. But we guess that we should not have problem as the officer told us "...within 2 months". Anyway, we will try to call again at the beginning of next month after the next update of processing date.

In fact - it is slowing down

Compared to the last year when they have cleared a large backlog, in 2006 new cases far outpace approvals at TSC.

I485--Adjustment of Status (Texas Service Center) ----

2006 ----

Month Received APPROVED
Jan. 2066 4026
Feb. 2817 3239
Mar. 2559 3412
Apr. 3983 2823
May. 4994 2914
Jun. 5368 2263
Jul. 5492 1714
Aug. 6688 1561
Sep. 6706 968

Same boat

bay said:
Not sure....
When my husband called TSC, the officer did open his file and read through his information, such as EB2, from Taiwan..so and so... Then he told my husband that based on their processing speed, we should be able to get it within next 2 months and don't need to worry. I remembered that I saw it somewhere that if the case is under review, the immigration officer should make decision within 60 days so that I guess our case is currently under review. However, my husband forgot to ask if there is any problem reagarding background check in our case. But we guess that we should not have problem as the officer told us "...within 2 months". Anyway, we will try to call again at the beginning of next month after the next update of processing date.

I think we are in the same boat. You must have cleared name check to go into the review phase I guess, as it is the case with mine. Hopefully 60 day is the max and they will wrap up quicker in reality. Good luck!

buckdany said:
same with me
my case I-140 RD = aug-08-06 ND= aug-10-06
LUD= august-16-06 no updates so far, seems like they didn't touch it after 16-august
485, ND = oct-18-06 no luds at all after that
FP done on nov-02-06, no status massage change till upto now

i am getiing fed up, i dont know what the heck they are doing to it