TSC processing time - any idea?

sub123

Registered Users (C)
My husband has applied for citizenship on 23rd April 2003 and received the receipt (waiting for FP) in May. When we check the online status at BCIS website, it says that it takes between 750 to 999 days for processing. Does it really take that long??
(Sub office - Memphis, Service center - Texas):confused:

999 years is almost 3 years.. Please visit your local INS office to find out abt the case or call NSC. If not helpful contact an attorney immdly!!

Originally posted by sub123
When we check the online status at BCIS website, it says that it takes between 750 to 999 days for processing. Does it really take that long??

I believe the timeline on your receipt notice offers a more realisitic time frame than the online status. It appears that the online timeline is a "one shoe fits all" time frame at SSC.

Given that next year is the election year - lets hope they get things moving quickly :)

sub123

In the notice we received it says it takes 365 days.

He has moved to Boston last month so I guess it may take litte more time as his case has to move from TSC to VSC. He has not received FP so far(almost 6 months from the original receipt date). He has contacted the local congressmen office at Boston and we are still waiting for their response. Not sure whether that will help though!!!!

Mean while I have another question - Im here on L1 and my husband has already filed I130 (family based petition) for me 2.5 years back. Say If a company is ready to give me H1B will I be eligible to change the status from L1 to H1b or is it better I wait till he gets his citizenship and then apply I485, EAD, AP etc???

FP notification received in TSC

I have applied on 19th Sep, 2003, received the FP notification on 10th Oct, FP scheduled for Nov 3rd 2003, in Dallas

Your are lucky azby9999us. We are still waiting for the Finger print letter. The congressmen office called us told that we might get the FP letter in couple of weeks..!!!