TSC going by RD - as per IO

hai_yeh_gc

Registered Users (C)
Called TSC today and the IO told me clearly that they are processing cases based on Receipt Date. Nothing new other than that, same old, no #s available, wait til Oct blah blah blah....

Called TSC today and the IO told me clearly that they are processing cases based on Receipt Date. Nothing new other than that, same old, no #s available, wait til Oct blah blah blah....

I don't think so..... Lot of later RD's got approved and oldies are still waiting...

all bulllll*********shit, i am still sitting here Barking with receipt date of 12/12/03 and PD 16/10/02.

many other old timers still here....

even Ombudsman did had any answer about USCIS order of approving cases.

thats so true one with RD of 2005 was approved while people with 2003, 2004 are still waiting... they just say something for the sake of saying... they actually do not mean it....

me so frustrated with their answers that I have stopped calling them

all bulllll*********shit, i am still sitting here Barking with receipt date of 12/12/03 and PD 16/10/02.

I'm betting the delay in your case was caused by expired FPs.

For whatever reason, USCIS/TSC didn't do anything till April/May '07. Then they realized there are a truckload of visas that haven't been used up. So they set about opening up files, found out that lots of cases have expired FPs, tried to send them FP notices (and in many cases, those notices never went out), and processed all those cases first whose FPs came back in as expected. While they were waiting for those FPs, they went ahead and processed those cases whose FPs *were* current (in most cases, anyway, since there are always exceptions).

The point being that the people who benefited earliest from this approval wave were those whose FPs were current and whose security checks had been cleared when their files were picked up. Everyone else then ended up in a queue behind those lucky cases. This meant that most old filers were left out because the prolonged retrogression caused all the old filers' FPs to expire. Also, because of the retrogression, USCIS didn't bother to send FP renewal notices (why bother getting FPs when the PD isn't current).

No one would want USCIS to just sit on their thumbs and wait for all old cases to come back with new FPs and stop processing later cases till the old ones are cleared.

By the same token, I think we would all like to see that as soon as the old filers provide their FPs, their cases go back into the RD/PD-ordered queue to be assigned to an officer. Unfortunately, that's what hasn't happened, and that is what has caused all this frustration. The re-placement (based on RD order) of a file into its correct place in the queue of "to-be-adjudicated" cases is just not happening. There is way too much manual processing involved there, and is most likely the cause of the randomness of approvals.

Makes sense. But I am mad that my FP was lost. (Marooned42, I know you were also one among us).

For whatever reason, USCIS/TSC didn't do anything till April/May '07. Then they realized there are a truckload of visas that haven't been used up. So they set about opening up files, found out that lots of cases have expired FPs, tried to send them FP notices (and in many cases, those notices never went out), and processed all those cases first whose FPs came back in as expected. While they were waiting for those FPs, they went ahead and processed those cases whose FPs *were* current (in most cases, anyway, since there are always exceptions).

The point being that the people who benefited earliest from this approval wave were those whose FPs were current and whose security checks had been cleared when their files were picked up. Everyone else then ended up in a queue behind those lucky cases. This meant that most old filers were left out because the prolonged retrogression caused all the old filers' FPs to expire. Also, because of the retrogression, USCIS didn't bother to send FP renewal notices (why bother getting FPs when the PD isn't current).

No one would want USCIS to just sit on their thumbs and wait for all old cases to come back with new FPs and stop processing later cases till the old ones are cleared.

By the same token, I think we would all like to see that as soon as the old filers provide their FPs, their cases go back into the RD/PD-ordered queue to be assigned to an officer. Unfortunately, that's what hasn't happened, and that is what has caused all this frustration. The re-placement (based on RD order) of a file into its correct place in the queue of "to-be-adjudicated" cases is just not happening. There is way too much manual processing involved there, and is most likely the cause of the randomness of approvals.

Not 100% true... my case is an example:- I have everything upto date, but not approved yet....I have seen approvals way after my case...

Today I have seen approval, who had his FP on 8/18. There is no such rule in USCIS.. just u need a pure LUCK

Add one more to the list. even 2 of friends who applied 485 after me got approved in last 2 weeks. so any logic you come up with doesn't hold any ground against this mess.

Agree with you guys 100%.

There is no pattern in USCIS. It's just that, I heard this sort of an answer for the first time so just wanted to let everyone know.

I have seen so many cases whose RDs are after me and PDs are after me.. So there is no rule as such. This sucks.

In the last coneference call too Ombudsman didn't have any answer for this question.. why PD is not given any preference.

Still waiting Dec 2001

LC Details
------------
Original labor ( But previous employer)
Case RIR - NY - EB2
PD Dec-6-2001
Status approved July-20-2006

I-140 Details
-------------
I 140 sept 27,2006 (TSC)
Paid 1000$ for pp

Status approved Oct 12,2006

I-485 Details
-------------
I485
----
SRC 070275XXXX
FD OCT 11, 2006
RD Nov 8 2006

I too do not see any pattern of approval and it looks like all random. See my details below. I and my spouse opend a SR and my wife got reply that "Additional review required blah blah blah... wait for 30 - 90 days" and I didnt receive any response at all.

Its not question about who is getting approved and who is not....the main question is the integrity of USCIS rules and regulations...do IO or adjudicators actually follow them....not sure about...

Its not question about who is getting approved and who is not....the main question is the integrity of USCIS rules and regulations...do IO or adjudicators actually follow them....not sure about...
No man... :mad:

Its very sad old filer's still waiting and later's getting approved. Completely insane by USCIS....

True for most part. However, pushing "difficult" or "NC pending" cases to neverland, it would seem, is still practiced by the IO's. This leads into "out of sight out of mind", which is a mucho gigantium box of bummer.