TSC Fingerprint theory

curiousGeorge

Registered Users (C)
I've come to theorize after reading many posts on this forum, as probably many before me already have, that TSC trends tend to show that once FP have been completed due to manual request or not, your chances of getting adjudicated, transferred, or RFE within the next 6 months are very high.

In contrast to NSC, CSC, and VSC, where those centers send the request very soon after they receive your application, often a second request for FP after 15 months is issued. There seems to be a correlation between having done your fingerprints at TSC and getting adjudicated soon. This does not seem to exist at the other centers. Its almost as if the IIOs at TSC are using the fingerprint scheduler to manage which cases they should work on. Somehow I doubt that cases would get adjudictated faster at TSC, if all of them had thier fingerprints done within the first 2 months after the receipt of the 485. This can be observed at the other centers.

TSC seems to realize that a case could very well be pending more than 15 months, and therefore it is only a waste of their time and the FBI's time to issue a FP notice too soon in the process. The other centers seem to have not figured that out yet.

Unlike the other centers, it seems that TSC very rarely needs to send a second FP notice 15 months later due to the expiration of the FP.

Is it valid to assume that once fingerprints have been received at TSC, that an approval is coming soon, and TSC would usually not let those fingerprints expire? Anyone agree/disagree with this theory?

:))

it seems you have fingerprinting done. well it all depends there have been instances on this board where people have done second fp.

I am Not sure about that !

My friend received FP notice just one month after applying for his I-140 and 485 simultaneously,he did not receive his EAD yet.I also have a friend who ND 05/11/2001 and FP 01/10/2003 and has not got any approval so nothing can be taken for granted with TCS.They are still processing everyting randomly.

tombaan, I got my FP notice this week :) which was requested manually in April.

I know that second FPs do happen at TSC, but at CSC, and NSC, and even VSC these days, it seems it happens a lot more. It seems expired FPs are the rule at the other centers, while its an exception at TSC.

In general TSC posters seem to be "waiting for FP notice", (ie thier first FP notice). While the posters on the other forums want to know "what to do when FP expire". Its much more common on the other forums for FPs to expire, that's really where my theory is derived from.

curiousGeorge,

You have an interesting theory. It does make a bit sense in general. I surely hope it holds for me. :p FD 2/03.

theory...

In actuality, I observed a subtle fact, in it, that the approval rate was very high for those FPed applicants, whose case-file was taken for adjudication 2-3 months after FP. However, approvals were also made after 9 months for FPed persons, but that rate was small when compared to those who got their approvals within 2-3 months of FPing. Therefore, if there is a lull of more than 7-8 months, after FPing, chances are very bright for getting a second FP notice due to expiry. I am just making this observation based on the postings in this forum. Have no analytic backing to vouchsafe for the same.

theory..

The 2 month theory after finger prints was very true last year. But this year although there are flood of finger prints, they are not followed by flood of approvals. Thus it will be very difficult to keep this theory valid any more although I sincerely wish it will.

theory...clarification

greenpencil:

I am sorry, if I had implied it that way in my supposition. I am not saying that majority of FPed applicants would get adjudicated. I am just stating that out of those who had got their GC approved, a majority were from the recently FPed cases, instead of 8 or 9 month FPed cases. That is all. Sorry for the confusion.

Re: theory...clarification

Hi poongunranar,

I understand what you mean. However, in order to keep the theory continue to be valid, TSC still needs to speed up. For example, out of 10 FPed person on the same day, suppose 3 of them get adjusted in the next 3 months, then 7 would be adjusted, say 10 months. (Hope so). In this case 10 month later we'll see flood of approvals of 10 months after FP. There are still approvals 3 months after FP by then, but won't be able to keep majority.

Or, more than likely, if the FPed person can not get adjudicated within the next 3 months, there may be a big chance to take FP 15 month later, and get approved 3 months after that, which means 18 months from now? Then the theory will continue to be valid.

I like your theory to be true actually.

:confused: :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge,

Even I had concluded the same thing based on dates in tracker. I hope the trend continues but one can not say when it comes to TSC.

What are the percentages that are transferred to local? Once it gets transferred, how long did it take?

What are the percentages that get RFE? After getting RFE, how long did it take? What was RFE for?

Any observations on the above?

TSC approved one I485 for year 2003 applicant yesterday. The recept # is around: SRC031305147X. TSC is amazing!!!

longGC,
It seems as if TSC transfers around 10% of cases. Might be up to 15%. Just an observation from scanning cases, and talking to my lawyer.

Not sure what percentage of cases end up going through a RFE at TSC, but the number seems much higher at CSC. Most of the RFEs there are for paystubs to prove employment.

GC201,
Its not unusual for some cases to get approved very quickly. The problem is one can't tell if this was employment based, or family based, and which category, and if it was an age-out case, so it makes it difficult to find a trend by looking at 1 case. Could have been a Cuban citizen for all we know.

CuriousGeorge

curiousGeorge

Thanks for reply. I was wondering the reason for transfer to local BCIS. In my observation the case gets transferred to local when,

1. People move from one service center to another while I-485 is pending.

2. any other please suggest.

----------------------------------------
Also, the reason for RFE are,

1. Change of jobs using AC21.
2. any other please suggest.

In most cases, the RFE is for,

1. Pay stubs from current employer.
2. Tax returns for last 2 to 3 years.
3. Letter from current employer.

I have seen that the RFEs are more than local transfers.
---------------------------------------------

Everyone, please feel free to comment (it does not matter a positive or negative response).

Thanks.

RFE

longGC,
It seems an RFE before approval at CSC is more of a rule than an exception, and is not necessarily linked to reasons you provided. Almost as if they send RFE to anyone, just to see if there is even anyone still there waiting to eventually receive a green card. Heck, with these long wait times, the applicants could be dead by now, and BCIS could be giving green cards to dead people. (Imagine the media frenzy that would cause.) Or more realistically, the applicants could have given up, and gone back to their home country.

The chances of getting an RFE at CSC are much higher than at TSC, which leads me to believe that CSC is just sending RFEs to almost everyone. And the reasons you listed are probably more applicable to TSC, in the majority of cases.