TSC FAX: Unable to Process I485 due to Name Check Pending

FavorOfGod

Registered Users (C)
The congressman office helped me send an inquiry to TSC and got a fax back from TSC saying: "TSC is unable to proceed with the processing of XXX's I-485 application since Mr. XXX's FBI name check is pending."

I learned from one thread in this forum that USCIS sends the name check request to FBI when USCIS receives your I-485 application. My RD is June 25, 2002. It's 30 months (over 900 days).

Gurus, please shed some light on what can I do?

Thanks!

ND: June 25, 2002
FP: Sept. 10, 2004
AD: Christmas gift?

Sorry to hear about it,

Try to send inquery to FBI and see what do they say, I believe that it would bring ur case file up/periority, if it stuck in some loop, and would let u know the time frame, which their website says 45-90 days.

many ppl shared they did get positive response to get out from situaiton like that. do try don't sit and wait.

wish u good luck for quick approval.

Last edited by a moderator:
Favorofgod,
Did your EAD and AP petitions get approved? Usually if there is a problem with name check, it surfaces during adjudication of these petitions.

I am also in the same boat. Everything is good to go except for my Name check it seems. My congressmen's office found this out for me three months back. I have been sending so many emails and faxes to FBI since then. No reply. No luck. ONly God can help.

RD: 04/23/2002
1st FP: 04/18/2003
2nd FP: 08/06/2004
AD: Only God Knows???

FBI runs the name against their database for a possible hit. They use various combinations of the name and see if there is a hit. in about 95% cases there is no hit so name check passes in minutes, for 5 % there is a hit and case is sent to a FBI officer for further detailed check. Of that 2 % about 90% come out clean and rest are tainted and are stuck. So a hit on the check does not necessarily mean the person has a tained record but that system is not able to automatically clear the person's name and human intervention is required.

Based on my intuition, I feel that the files for name check (Not all - a few files) for the cases
with Receipt dates April, May and June 2002 to the FBI might have been lost and so CIS thinks that they have already sent the records to FBI for name check and FBI hasn't done the name check becos they never received them.

Since the CIS has no way of finding out whether when the file has been sent to FBI, they are just waiting thinking that those cases are still pending Name check.

Let us wait and see what happens..
God Please bless us all..

guys

what is the number to contact to see if finger printing results have been send back to tsc? do they need alien number or ssn to verify the same?

thanks in advance

I got the answer from the FBI "no records found"..what is that mean for my case ?

I got the answer from the FBI "no records found"..for my name check...

Does anybody know what that means for my case ?

Is that mean that they have to keep on searching until they find it, or I am cleared ?

pleasehelp1 said:
I got the answer from the FBI "no records found"..for my name check...

Does anybody know what that means for my case ?

Is that mean that they have to keep on searching until they find it, or I am cleared ?
What is the exact text of the email?

FBI Contact info.

Tomban:

This is to respond to your question. To know if your FP results have been sent back from the FBI:
1. Call FBI to any one number: (304) 625 5590 or (304) 625 2406
2. An automated system will answer. Select Option 3 or Option 2 i.e. Private Individual; this will transfer you to a real person.
3. Ask her/him if your FP report has been sent back to USCIS or not.
4. She will ask your Alien # and she will answer in the spot about your FP status. Alien # is located on the right hand corner of your I-140 or I-485 or FP notice or in your EAD.

In my case, the FBI sent the FP back to USCIS the same day, and I have seen that this is the normal trend.

God bless you!

thanks

Rolando68
Thanks for the detailed information
Hopefully this slow death will get over sooner than later

toomban and all,

are not FP check and name check different things ? I read in the other threads that USCIS's msg that "we have received the results of your FP" does not necessarily mean that your name is cleared.

To SRM

Thank you SRM for the FBI email format. One thing you need add into your format is the name. You forgot to put the name in both "details".

I sent a similar email to FBI on Nov. 19, so far no reply. I send it again today using your format.

PrinceofJungle, you're a comforter. Thanks.

april2002 filer, let's think the bright side. Please update your case once it gets a move.

Let's cross our fingers and pray for all ppl.