TSC Approval

vish bala

Hello friends:

The TSC automated answering system appears to indicate that our I-485 applications have been approved (wife and self). Here are the details:

(Myladoor, could you kindly include this information in your tracker, too? This case does not figure there at this time. Thank you.)

Center: TSC

SRC #: 00-094-XXXXX

Category: EB-1 (Professor/Researcher)

RD: Feb 2, 2000

ND: Feb 11, 2000

Fingerprints: March 30, 2000

Approval: March 2, 2001 (per AVM)

Here is some additional information that may be useful to some members of the discussion group:

First, I applied to renew my EAD on February 2, 2001 and received a receipt within a couple of weeks. I will likely not need that EAD now, but thought the information may be useful to those who are discussing the delays with the EAD receipts from TSC.

Second, I spoke with an IIO in very early January 2001. She was quite polite, indicated then that the case was already with an officer, but would not project any timelines for approval. The inference I draw is that approval MAY take a couple of months even after the case is being "actively" considered.

Third, I needed to visit abroad to attend a symposium late last year, and had not applied for advanced parole at that time. Given the short lead time, I faxed the San Antonio office of the INS, and they provided me with an appointment to come in and get the advanced parole approved. I had my parole documents within a few days of my faxing the request. It worked out smoothly because a supervisor there "took charge" of the case, and sheperded it through. I think just getting in touch with a kind, helpful individual within the INS can sometimes be beneficial, even when operating within the constraints and rules of the system. (On my part, I made sure to be unfailingly polite, rather than impatient, towards the INS employees.)

Fourth, and finally, my opinion is that the entire I-485 process is quite idiosyncratic. Some variance in the process is explained by RDs, NDs, etc., but a whole lot is not. However, just keeping in touch with developments through a board like this helped me feel a part of a vibrant community. There is much to be learned from the unselfish contributions of so many people here.

Thanks for all the input, and hope the approvals roll in rapidly for those who are waiting!

-VB

No Title

Thanks for the info, VB, and the rather flowery prose! Just curious - do you always write with a thesaurus handy? No offense, but I always wonder why some of us feel the need to be so verbose when we communicate?

No Title

Congrats!!!
What was the recording saying before?
and when did it change and to what?

Gurus, Do you think EB category matters if you are
from country other than India & China?

No Title

Sarah:

In response to your question, the message was always "Your case was received on...it takes 240-365 days to process this kind of application ...(blah blah)..."

About 3 months ago, the message changed to "Case not found..."

Then it reverted back to the original message after about a month.

Finally, I picked up the message saying "Case has been approved" a couple of days back.

-Vish Bala