TSC 485 approval and PP stamp in New Orleans

JustInTime2001

Registered Users (C)
Finally, my wife and I got our passport stamped yesterday (5-8-01) at New Orleans INS office.

EB2, NIW, China
PD: 6/1998
I140 AD: 12/1999
I485 RD/ND: 1/31/2000
FP: 3/27/00
Approval: 4/26/01

After I485 was filed, visa retrogressed in Mar 2000. When it became current again, called TX in Sept and AVM said "case not found". Later changed to "240-360 days". Called IIO in March 2001 and was told our files had not been assigned to any officer and they were officially processing 7-99 cases. Called our lawyer in April 5, 01 when FP was over one year old. He sent in a fax inquiry. Called Senator\'s office on 4-30-01 (I did not know it was approved) and they sent in a fax inquiry. Got approval notice in mail on 5-2-01 (both me and my wife) which says it was approved on 4-26-01. AVM not changed.
Passport stamp experience:
Went to New Orleans Office for passport stamp on 5-8-01. Not many people. Totally about 20 min waiting. Being asked to have photos, I94, EAD, passport, approval notice. The lady told me the photo can not be used because I had glasses on (which I used for all EADs). Went up four floor and took pictures there. Being told it takes 6-8 months to get the card. Does anybody know it will come from TX center or local center (New Orleans)?
Back home 5-8-01, received letter from Senator\'s office, saying " We got an e-mail from TX INS about your case, they are officially processing 7-99 cases and your case has not been processed yet….."

I really doubt about the role of Senator\'s office!!!!!

No Title

JustinTime2001, did you have an interview. Did they ask you any questions other than looking at your paperwork? Thanks.

No Title

Congratulations JIT2001! We\'re in a similar situation- EB2 China (labor), PD 7/98, RD 2/00, ND 2/00, FP 4/00, SRC**102. Our fingerprints expire on July 20. We have tried everything to expedite our cases (calls, faxes, attorney, congressman). Our attorney can\'t do anything. We contacted a Louisiana congressman, whose office called TSC and got the same "July 99" answer and a reminder that we need to redo our fingerprints. I called TSC today and was told our cases are pending, July 99 and getting ready to redo fingerprints. I\'m thinking of asking my attorney to fax an inquiry and my questions are:

1. Which fax number did your lawyer use in faxing the inquiry? Is it the standard 214-767-7405 number?

2. Is your attorney an INS Liason Officer?

Thank you so much and congratulations again!

No Title

Athena,

I don\'t know the fax number my lawyer used. He was an liason
officer and will rotate off in May. I found that the senator\'s office
(M. L) really did not help.

Good luck!

No Title

We got our passport stamped in New Orleans on May 10th. Recd courtesy copies of approval notice on the 9th. Since it was late evening we did not even talk to our attorney. Took the notice, passport, latest I-94 from H1-B and two pictures. I had an EAD for my practical training on F1 and gave that. My husband had also got one but he did not have it and we did not mention that he did not have it. Went to the counter and she put our stuff in a plastic bag and asked us to put it in the drop box. About 45 min later, the guy who does this picks it up and calls us in. Stamped our passports, took fingerprints for the card and it was all over. Approval was exacty 9 months after fingerprints. Thanks & Good Luck to all who are waiting.