Troubled after coming back from COP

thirdworld

Registered Users (C)
Just got back from COP. Been there first time after 6years as mother was very sick. Immigration officer at POA was very rude. Said that I had gone back to COP and had no fear of persecution. Finally tossed back my reentry permit. Found out when I got home that he had hand written "407 advised". What does that mean? Does that mean that I will be served with Notice to Appear to explain about my visit.
Someone with similar experience or any answers?

Just got back from COP. Been there first time after 6years as mother was very sick. Immigration officer at POA was very rude. Said that I had gone back to COP and had no fear of persecution. Finally tossed back my reentry permit. Found out when I got home that he had hand written "407 advised". What does that mean? Does that mean that I will be served with Notice to Appear to explain about my visit.

Tell us details....How long did u go for? Did he/she ask you about amount of time you were away? And what you mean rentry permit tossed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Was out for 6 weeks. He did ask me about the duration of stay. Tossed- meaning the guy just didn't hand it over to me but kinda threw it back. He said that since I returned back that I did not fear persecution. When I tried to explain about my trip, he just kept telling me to "shut up".Very troubled about the whole incident.

Posting for the first time. What details are you asking for?

Yes, really i don't get it too. What kind of detail required here. thirdworld question is quite clear. He asked what "407 advised" mean. Please, let us be rational when we response to ours each other questions. Especially, most people ask question here out of concern. Please, take that always into consideration.

thirdworld

This is what i got from another forum after i googled "407 advised'. It sound a serious advised. I think you might need to talk with immigration lawyers.

Good luck.

http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9733

Thanks for the link Jone. I also did find the same link but that seems to be the only info on 407 advised in all search engines. It does not explain if I am going to be served with a letter to appear or if it is only during the time of naturalization that I will have problems. I have the proof that my mother was ill. As advised- I will get in touch with immigration lawyers but till then I hope that someone can give me some answers.

are you a green card holder or an asylee? if you are a green card holder, how dd the officer know you were at some point an asylee? did he ask you? did you tell him volentarly? or did he find out by looking at your gren card? by the way <b> it is illigal </b> for an officer to tell you "shut up" this is not Cuba. You can get this guy fired if you file the complaint using the right channels.

The link was meant to answer your question
"407 advised". What does that mean?

As to whether you will recieve a letter to appear and defence your case, that is most unlikely. As i understand from the link, you can apply I-407 voluntarily to abandon your status. So most likely the problem will be during your naturalization time. The medical proof might explain the reason why you took a risk to travel to a country where you claimed to fear percussion but I think you might need also to show how you can manage to come in and out of the country unnoticed by the government.

check this. read the instrutions part.
I wish you luck.

Thanks for your replies- the officer found out by looking at my green card, which he asked me to show him.
Jone- thanks for all your replies and advice.
Just feeling very sad that I may no longer be able to visit my mother (who is my only family) and hope that she will pull through this till I can go and see her without all these problems.

thirdworld,

Sorry to hear this incident. You might have been extremely unlucky in this matter - Very few experience postings in this forum were similar to yours.

1. How did your COP accept RP instead of your NP when you entered/exited from COP ?

2. Did you show the IO your NP at POA ? Which POA ?

3. Are you an AS6, AS7, or AS8 ? Were you approved GC just recently ?

4. As your defence, your use of RP instead of NP, showed you didn't abandon your status.

To strip off LPR status is not an easy thing, especially have have some sound proofs. In stead, you should seek to complain about this IO's unprofessonal style.

Well... The IO was very straightforward by saying what he said, and seemed to be a little bit better informed than most of them.

My thinking, in case that anyone cares what i think, is that although he gave you a very hard time, that's all he could do to you, so that really makes me think about all those tales of people being deported at POE for traveling to their COP's.

As far as the note he put on your travel document, maybe it is for citizenship interview puroposes, since you will have to take all your tavel documents to it, and probably will be asked for a reasonable explanation when the IO sees that you were "407 advised".

Is it just wishful thinking?? I hope not.

Good luck, and please keep us posted.

details

thirdworld....sorry to hear that. Please provide answer to the question asked by GrassRoot.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry to hear this incident. You might have been extremely unlucky in this matter - Very few experience postings in this forum were similar to yours.

1. How did your COP accept RP instead of your NP when you entered/exited from COP ?

2. Did you show the IO your NP at POA ? Which POA ?

3. Are you an AS6, AS7, or AS8 ? Were you approved GC just recently ?

4. As your defence, your use of RP instead of NP, showed you didn't abandon your status.

find a good immigration lawyer who could give you advice. i think good lawyer can help you with this problem .it depends when were you granted asylum ? your countrys political situation might have changed .
it might be misunderstanding .
thanks for posting.

Well, I am pretty sure that IO will be absolutely freaked out when you got some kind of Bin Laden or Saddam looking on your face

thriworld.............what happened with you after all???? Have you spoken with a lawyer regarding this issue?? I407????
Let us know?
What AS# is your? AS6??