Trouble with oath ceremony date...

Sid1234

Registered Users (C)
I live in Los Angeles. My oath ceremony was originally scheduled for Dec 18. I wrote a letter on Dec 5 asking for rescheduling. On Dec 23 I got a letter saying that I failed to appear for my oath ceremony and that USCIS will notify me of the date place and time of my rescheduled oath ceremony. So it seems like they didn't process the letter I sent them. Today is Jan 7 and no letter from them.

Should I continue to wait?

Would calling customer service help?

Or should I make an infopass appointment? On infopass I should choose the category "You need information or other services", correct?

I live in Los Angeles. My oath ceremony was originally scheduled for Dec 18. I wrote a letter on Dec 5 asking for rescheduling. On Dec 23 I got a letter saying that I failed to appear for my oath ceremony and that USCIS will notify me of the date place and time of my rescheduled oath ceremony. So it seems like they didn't process the letter I sent them. Today is Jan 7 and no letter from them.

Should I continue to wait?

Would calling customer service help?

Or should I make an infopass appointment? On infopass I should choose the category "You need information or other services", correct?

Go with infopass might be faster for you.

I think, you missed a good change. Not in the negative sense. When I spoke to them, for LA, it is a big line and very disappointing also. It might even get into May 2010 for those appearing for interview now.

Update.
Thanks for the replies. I did make an infopass appointment but I won't need it now because I got a letter saying that my oath is on Feb 5.

On Dec 23 I got a letter saying that I failed to appear for my oath ceremony and that USCIS will notify me of the date place and time of my rescheduled oath ceremony. So it seems like they didn't process the letter I sent them.

Not necessarily. I sort of believe they just use the standard template for their letter which always say you "failed to appear" even if they processed your reschedule request. Therefore this should not be an issue and as you said they told you they would reschedule. SO don't worry but do proceed cautiously and make necessary inquiries.