Travisa Houston - Entry visa & Renunciation certification

LiveAndLetLive

Registered Users (C)
As per the instructions on their website and after talking to one of their representatives, I created two separate packages - one for Renunciation Certificate and one for Entry Visa along with all relevant documents, both Indian and US passports and fees for both applications. Then I added those two packages in a single FEDEX airmail and posted it to them.

This is what they replied. :confused:

Dear YYYY,

Travisa Outsourcing has received your application (#XXXXXXX) for an Indian visa, but we are unable to process your application due to missing requirements. Instructions are given below on exactly what you need to send Travisa Outsourcing so your application can be sent to the Consulate of India for approval.

Missing Certificate of Renunciation:
Former Indian Nationals acquiring US (foreign) citizenship after May 31, 2010 are required to surrender citizenship of India immediately if not done already and obtain a "Surrender Certificate" or "Certificate of Renunciation" which is issued by the Consulate.

If the applicant has already renounced Indian citizenship, one of the following must be produced as proof:

* A Certificate of Renunciation issued by a Consulate of India or,
* An Indian Passport that contains a stamp that specifically renounces the citizenship.

Applicants can obtain this Certificate while applying for the India visa by submitting the following requirements:

1. Two (2) copies of the completed Renunciation Form. This form is current as of May 14, 2010. Disregard all prior versions.
2. Renunciation fee of $175 paid with a separate Money Order payable to 'Consulate General of India. If the applicant is applying in the Washington DC jurisdiction, the Money Order should payable to 'Embassy of India'.
3. Copy of the Naturalization Certificate. For minors who were not issued naturalization certificates, the parents must write a statement that the minors citizenship was obtained through the parents, and provide a copy of the parents naturalization certificate.
4. Most Recent Indian Passport. If the applicant does not have their most recent Indian passport, the applicant must provide a police report that shows the passport as lost or stolen.

New York Jurisdiction: A Renunciation Certificate must be obtained first from the New York Consulate directly before you can apply for an Entry visa.

Please contact the New York Consulate directly to obtain the certificate.

Important! If we do not hear from you within 28 days, we will send your documents back to you via FedEx at a cost of $21.00.

Send all documents to the following address:
Travisa India Outsourcing
Attention: Mail Department - Id #XXXXXXXXX
4100 Westheimer Road, Suite #113
Houston, TX 77027

Please be sure to write the Application Id (#XXXXXXXX) on your package to ensure processing can begin right away.

Sincerely,
Travisa Outsourcing

If you have questions, you can reply to this email.

What should I do now?

That is what I am going to attempt today. However, their phones either are always engaged (no ring... just engaged sound) or if you get through, most of the time they send you to a mailbox which no one bothers to reply. Their customer service is worse than some of the cable companies. My only option might be to drive for 4-5hrs to Houston and talk to them in person.

I am sorry I am venting out, but these guys seem to know how to make life difficult for their "customers"

I do not know who you are calling (Travisa or consulate), but Travisa is 100 times better than the consulates.
My experience was pleasant, and from what I see ... except for the vagaries of the Indian government, you will get good service.

I do not know who you are calling (Travisa or consulate), but Travisa is 100 times better than the consulates.
My experience was pleasant, and from what I see ... except for the vagaries of the Indian government, you will get good service.

I am trying to call Travisa. I could tell you about my experience if I get a chance to talk to a real human. The phone is either engaged or it goes straight to voicemail. Is there any trick you used to get to a real person?

Mine was long time back, before we all surrendered. Obviously Houston could be different from SFO, and there is the added workload because of the new rules.
But short of traveling, I would think calling will be the best thing.
Maybe others know some tricks.

Finally got a reply for them (atleast they seem to respond to emails) saying that I was right and they are processing my application now. What a waste!!

LiveAndLetLive,

Did you get your Entry Visa? I am waiting for one since June03. Please let me know.

Nope not yet. If you are waiting from June 03, that is not a good news for me :(

All embassies in the world are pathetic - first the US Embassy in India used to treat us badly, now the Indian embassy in US is doing the same. Its a shame that we cannot take these guys to small claims court.:rolleyes:

Renunciation Certificate

I submited my application for Surrender Certificate on May 22, 2010 to Houston Consulate and mailed revised fees on June 09, 2010. I have tried several time to contact them by phone, email, and fax but to no avail. How much is the processing time for mailing Surrender Certificate? Looks like their fax numbers are not working. It is very very frustrating.
Nope not yet. If you are waiting from June 03, that is not a good news for me :(

All embassies in the world are pathetic - first the US Embassy in India used to treat us badly, now the Indian embassy in US is doing the same. Its a shame that we cannot take these guys to small claims court.:rolleyes:

No idea. Hence I started a tracker thread.

Is there anyone who applied recently and got back surrender certificate and Entry Visa?

Just received an email. Good news

Outsourcing office has verified the visa is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.