Travelling with new US passport

PUNITASIC

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I got my US passport last month (through Naturalization) and would like to travel to Lonodn and Zurich to meet some of my relatives. Does anybody know if I need visas for travel to England and Switzerland?? Thanks for your response.

Congratulations!

No, US Citizens don't visit visas to UK for a visit of up to 6 months. For Switzerland you don't need a visa either for a visit of up to 90 days.

Congratulations to becoming a US Citizen. As a new passport holder I suggest you check out this page:
http://travel.state.gov/foreignentryreqs.html

Have a great time!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations !

How long did it take for you to get your passport?

I applied a passport right after the oath ceremony in a nearby post office.

The P. O. employee told me that it would take 6 to 8 weeks. Is that true? I read somewhere in this forum that it might take only 2 weeks.

sonia sandy

Thank you ! One more question please.

Besides $55+$30, did you pay extra $60 to expedite the process?

Soniasandy

hello Sonia, I applied for my passport (regular processing) a few days after I became a proud U.S. citizen, and 4-5 days later, there it was; a beautifull blue passport! I had typed my application (a filable .pdf file on the computer and all was very legiable and clear etc.). Good luck to you! :)

Hi, Punitasic:
Hi, Aloha2003:

Thank you for your reply. It is very kind of you.

I received my U. S. passport today(08/11/2003)!!! And I got back my Certificate of Naturalization too.

Regards and best wishes.

Good luck to all.

Sonia sandy