Travelling with AP if 485 approved just before travel.

Gseekar

Registered Users (C)
I am planning to go abroad with valid AP with in two weeks. I am waiting for my I-485 approval after submitting RFE last week. What if I get approve my 485 in a week before travel?. Can I use my AP for travel or I shold not get it stamped in my passport until I come back from my visit.

Please advise me!.

Thanks in advance!
-------------------------------
I-140 RD 08/2003 AD 04/2004
I-485 RD 11/2003 AD ????
Labor PD: 04/2001 EB3
RFE 03/2005 :: response received by USCIS on 04/12/2005
EAD : 2nd
AP: 2nd valid until 03/2006

AP is valid even if your I-485 gets approved. You can get it stamped later if appointment is not available within short period. Also it is unlikely that you get approval letter (which you need for stamping) within a week after getting the approval. Either way you are OK as you will have valid AP or stamping.

I am not a lawyer!

I was in a same situation and I got an approval email 3 days before my travel date. I was lucky enough to get an appointment, but I didn't get my approval notice. I went to the office without the approval notice, they checked their database and stamped for me.

My suggestion, Fix an appointment one day before your travel date, in case you get an approval email, use the appointment and give a try. If you don't get stamping, fine, go ahead with your travel.

Read this

http://www.murthy.com/news/ukpbadpl.html

Hi ClevelandGuru,

How to get appointment from local office?. Do I need to call local office or National Customer Service and what information I have to provide them for appoinment.

I am not sure local office here have InfoPass facility.

tnx.

Gseekar said:
Hi ClevelandGuru,

How to get appointment from local office?. Do I need to call local office or National Customer Service and what information I have to provide them for appoinment.

I am not sure local office here have InfoPass facility.

tnx.
Goto http://infopass.uscis.gov for scheduling an appointment.

Gseekar got approved

Hi All,

I got approved today!.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Details.
-----------------------------------------------------
I-140 EB3 SEMI CONCURRENT ND 08/26/2003 AD 04/26/2004
I-485 RD 11/06/2003 PENDING, PD 04/26/01
FP1 06/**/2004
AC21 Invoked 03/07/2005
RFE issued to my wife and me 03/16/2005 (BC's & additional marriage Proof )
RFE received by USCIS 04/12/2005
AD 04/20/2005