Travelling using AP before interview!!!

Al_world

Registered Users (C)
Hello everybody. I've got a real problem. I'm an applicant for asylum but did not pass through interview yet. Before application I overstayed my visa for 7.5 months - actually I was doing my LC but this fact is not count as far as I know towards presense in US. :confused: :confused: :confused: The question is - can I travel to Mexico for one week and will I be admitted back if I'll get advance parole???? Please, wrote anything if you have real information from smb experience or US laws. I know about 3 year bar but will it be count if I'm applicant for asylum???

Again, this is no official explanation.

I remember my attorney told me that, once you started the asylum applcation process, then you are considered legit in the U.S. So it depends on when you started the process, before or after your visa expired.

I started my process of asylum 7.5 months after my visa expiration. Although in my I-94 form there are letters D\S but my supportive DS-form of being an exchange student is expired.

Al_world said:
I started my process of asylum 7.5 months after my visa expiration. Although in my I-94 form there are letters D\S but my supportive DS-form of being an exchange student is expired.

Since you have already applied for the asylum and waiting for the interview, it is certainly not advisable to cross the border as this will be taken as "Case abandoned". When you return and apply again (Provided you have a visa) it is going to take a lot more time to start over the process.

free100 said:
Since you have already applied for the asylum and waiting for the interview, it is certainly not advisable to cross the border as this will be taken as "Case abandoned". When you return and apply again (Provided you have a visa) it is going to take a lot more time to start over the process.

Free,

Morning, I read your response and deicided to jump in. Al World, what important business do you have to conduct in Mexico? Is there life and death situation or you are an Exececutive of Multinational, who must leave the U.S?

From what I read, you're an exchange student, over stayed visa, applied for Political Asylum and now you expect forum's adivse. I'd tell you this: Don't think that all of the readers are fool.

Al World, should you must Golbetrotter ? Stop making mockery of your self. If you think USCIS is a group of fools you're dead wrong. Stop playing with the system and pursue your case, like an asylee who was persecuted.

MK

mkhursh said:
Free,

Morning, I read your response and deicided to jump in. Al World, what important business do you have to conduct in Mexico? Is there life and death situation or you are an Exececutive of Multinational, who must leave the U.S?

From what I read, you're an exchange student, over stayed visa, applied for Political Asylum and now you expect forum's adivse. I'd tell you this: Don't think that all of the readers are fool.

Al World, should you must Golbetrotter ? Stop making mockery of your self. If you think USCIS is a group of fools you're dead wrong. Stop playing with the system and pursue your case, like an asylee who was persecuted.

MK

MK...WOW...I'm speechless!

free100 said:
MK...WOW...I'm speechless!

Free,

It's just makes no sense when people ask illogical questions. To make matters worst, Al_world, came on a exchange visa and consulted with attorney(s) for God knows how long, over stayed and now he dares going to Mexico for a week, while his petition is pending.

Where is the agony of persecution, how could he/she be so relaxed. I remember myself when I came to this country, I was not sure if I'd be able to live here for a long time. I counted every passing moment, while waiting for an interview, never thought of leaving the country.

People like him/her think that they're the smartest and slickest. Please, don't expect forum to be sypathatic to your Mexico trip. Don't waste our time putting threads like your's on the forum. Go spend some $$$, if you can go to Mexico, you can hire an Attorney as well.

MK

mkhursh said:
Free,

It's just makes no sense when people ask illogical questions. To make matters worst, Al_world, came on a exchange visa and consulted with attorney(s) for God knows how long, over stayed and now he dares going to Mexico for a week, while his petition is pending.

Where is the agony of persecution, how could he/she be so relaxed. I remember myself when I came to this country, I was not sure if I'd be able to live here for a long time. I counted every passing moment, while waiting for an interview, never thought of leaving the country.

People like him/her think that they're the smartest and slickest. Please, don't expect forum to be sypathatic to your Mexico trip. Don't waste our time putting threads like your's on the forum. Go spend some $$$, if you can go to Mexico, you can hire an Attorney as well.

MK
I guess you are right. People just want to read what's in their favor. Right? I remember too how I came here... I havent even dared to travel anywhere else, despite of being an asylee...lest I might lose the sanctity of this country...

mkhursh said:
Free,

MK

PM,

I hope it happens exactly as you predicted my friend. Please, join me on the other hot thread of AL_Bundi's trip to Mexico.

MK

I couldnt help enjoying this bit!! :D

free100 said:
PM,

I hope it happens exactly as you predicted my friend. Please, join me on the other hot thread of AL_Bundi's trip to Mexico.

MK

I couldnt help enjoying this bit!! :D

Free,

AL_Bundi, asked this question back in March for the first time. That's what I was able to dig, since then he could not make up his mind. AL_Bundi is stingy beyond belief.

I guess, he is saving all his money to spend on Cerveza and hembra. For legal opinion, his choice is Immigrationportal! Pendejo :mad:

MK

mkhursh said:
Free,

AL_Bundi, asked this question back in March for the first time. That's what I was able to dig, since then he could not make up his mind. AL_Bundi is stingy beyond belief.

I guess, he is saving all his money to spend on Cerveza and hembra. For legal opinion, his choice is Immigrationportal! Pendejo :mad:

MK
Wow! you really dig deep MK...Any chance of you coming over to NJ or PA?

free100 said:
Wow! you really dig deep MK...Any chance of you coming over to NJ or PA?

Free,

I lived in Center City, PA and Westville NJ. A trip to Center City won't be a problem, I'd be able to enjoy Pat's, Toni's or Gino's Cheese steak.

MK

mkhursh said:
Free,

I lived in Center City, PA and Westville NJ. A trip to Center City won't be a problem, I'd be able to enjoy Pat's, Toni's or Gino's Cheese steak.

MK

Wonderful! Just let me know when! It will be good to exchange some thoughts. It's easier when there is a face to a name! Maybe PM could join us too! :D

free100 said:
Actually I was in Woodbridge NJ, but recently I moved to Morrisville PA, I still work in Woodbridge NJ.

Free,

That's close to city? I've heard of it but never been there. Once I drove to New Hampshire via NY, roads are very bad and traffic is nuts. I'll be much comfortable in Philli, see my old Chiropractor, visit former landlord.

MK

mkhursh said:
Free,

That's close to city? I've heard of it but never been there. Once I drove to New Hampshire via NY, roads are very bad and traffic is nuts. I'll be much comfortable in Philli, see my old Chiropractor, visit former landlord.

MK
MK, It's next to trenton. PHILA is only 30 mins away. If you will be in Phily I would come over there. When?

free100 said:
MK, It's next to trenton. PHILA is only 30 mins away. If you will be in Phily I would come over there. When?

Free,

I have not planned anything yet. I may come to Philli in late July, it all depends on how soon I get BIO notice. If I get the notice between now and July 27, I'd be able to tell you a concrete date.

Since, my family will be out of States for few weeks, I'd not mind taking a short trip.

MK

mkhursh said:
Free,

I have not planned anything yet. I may come to Philli in late July, it all depends on how soon I get BIO notice. If I get the notice between now and July 27, I'd be able to tell you a concrete date.

Since, my family will be out of States for few weeks, I'd not mind taking a short trip.

MK

Splendid!. Will look forward to it. When you need my Number or personel Email let me know I will send itto your Private Message.

Sorry guys

MK and Free100,
Sorry I missed all the hot action. I was in Mehicana for some la cerveza mas fina ;) :p :D So I beat Al-Bundi to the punch.
Guys!! sure go ahead and make plans of getting together without me :mad: :( :eek:
If you both were coming to Wisconsin, I'd have been ecstatic. I won't be able to join you in Philly but think of me when you are having a steak in philly or philly steak :) :rolleyes: :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: