travelling to India(without I-94)???

chilam

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I had my AP, I know that I can travel with that, but the problem is my original I-94 is with BCIS(they ask in RFE of my H4). still my H4 is in pending. I want to travel to Inida next month. Anybody has any idea how can I travel without I-94?

If you dont have I-94 you cannot board on the plane. Period. Sometimes airlines staff, but its your duty to turn it over. One of my friend lost his I-94 and he could not get on board, he had to go back and apply for replacement.

Jm

still doubt....

Hi,
Thanks for your information. Can they track my I-94 is with BCIS(because its not my mistake of not having that). I know that it is difficult to convince them, that BCIS have I-94.

You mean we have to turn in I-94 when boarding in US airport? I thought it is for record when you come into this country..

While travelling on AP

You don't need to turn in I-94........you are under Adjustment of status....

U r in between status that's y u need the Advance Parole

I-94 Arrival / Departure Record. Either you use H1 or H4 or B1 or Advance Parole you need to fill I-94 when you enter US legally, and turn it back when you are departing.

JM

PArdon me

Junior Member....U need to fill I-94 at POE....so I guess u need to turn it in when you depart using AP

Sorry for the oversight

Originally posted by chilam
Hi,
I had my AP, I know that I can travel with that, but the problem is my original I-94 is with BCIS(they ask in RFE of my H4). still my H4 is in pending. I want to travel to Inida next month. Anybody has any idea how can I travel without I-94?

Like junior_member said, sometimes airlines staff might not insist, but it is required by law to submit the I-94 at the time of departure. Normally, you need only to send copies of I-94 to BCIS and not the original, but maybe your RFE specifically asked for the original (strange are the ways of BCIS??!!). If you have a copy of it, then try your luck with the airlines folks with that and show your RFE letter also. But the perfectly legal route (and expensive, $100+ ) is filing for a replacement using form 102. Here is a link to the online editable Form at the gov site.

http://www.bcis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-102.htm

Recently (last week)

I returned from Abroad....I had the GC stamp but when the airline asked if we have the card, my wife inadvertently replied no. Then she had asked for I-94.......

Ofcourse we had the I-551 stamp, so I-94 didn't matter