travelling to India via Paris

annair73

Registered Users (C)
hey gurus,
we are planning to travel to India via Paris in january 2005. we just got our passport stamped on october 5th. my question(this may already have been asked before) is whether we need to get transit visa for our travel? i am not sure whether we will receive the actual plastic cards before we travel.
any advice is greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

I am traveling via Paris (Newark-Paris-Mumbai) next week and had my passport stamped 2 days ago. I have the same question. Do I need a transit visa?

My travel agent says that I do not since I will not be getting off the airplane in Paris. Air India staff says that I need to check with the local French consulate.

According to the information on the French consulate website, it appears that I will need the transit visa.

Any suggestions or past experiences?????

no airport transit visa is needed if u hv passport stamp.

See the below email my friend received from French consulate -

Consulat Général de France à Atlanta <info@consulfrance-atlanta.org>
11/05/2004 02:34 PM
Please respond to Consulat Général de France à Atlanta

Subject: Re: Question about Airport Transit visa

Indians holding a green card (card or stamp on passport) or a valid US visa do not need an airport transit visa to transit through France so long as they travel on confirmed airline tickets (as opposed to open tickets, standby tickets, buddy passes, etc.) However, without a valid US visa or green card, or for those travelling on Advance Parole (I 512 form), a French visa to transit through France is required.