Travelling to India in an emergency

agni

Registered Users (C)
All,
I have to leave for India this friday , what all documents do i require to travel other than the AP and Passport , also i will be flying BA will they require me get a British visa ?? as one my friends was told by Air France that he needed a french visa if he was stopping over in France , also what do i tell the custom people in India as what is my status , will they understand Adjustment of status and that i am using my AP to travel back to the US .

Thanks for all the help in advance

Actually all they require is AP and Passport - but you never know

Actually all they require is AP and Passport.

Usually When ever I travel I carry all history - 1st H1/ 2nd H1/3rd H1/EAD/AP/485 receipt/ EADii/APii etc.

I do not see any harm in carrying the history just in case.. because of so much going on now a days..

When I was entering for the first time on AP (first AP). Officer just took my passport and my AP, went inside and came back after 15 - 20 minutes and stamped PP, i-94 and AP in front of me.

Second time travel on second AP :the officer wanted to have a look at my previous AP, since in my last stamp on PP it was mentioned that I was entering USA on Parole.

Lucky that I was carrying all my documents.. I was able to produce every thing immediately. You never know how much time or what all process you might have to go through if even one link is missing.

So, My suggestion to every one on this board is that carry all your legal documents. there is no harm in carrying little extra weight in your hand baggage.

Thanks for your information. I will be travelling to Abuja and Accra after 9years 6months in U.S. I will be back in three months.

Presently just looking for a cheap ticket!

I will carry all my documents since 1999. Once again thank you!

Visa in London

By the way, you do not need a visa unless you change airports in london. If you land in heathrow and take off in gatwick, then you need a conditional 24hr transit visa. it's a smooth process i guess but these bozos might still ask you any paperwork. i did this 5 times now. hopefully it hasn't changed after 2001 april. hope this helps.

Thank you all

Thanks guys for the prompt reponse , i will post my experience when i return.