Travelling to india after getting GC for more than a Year

S_Reddy

Registered Users (C)
I am travelling to india from September 30th through January 5th. It will be combination of Vacation and work. I will be in US Payroll just like normal.

Will it cause problems. This is my first trip to india after Getting GC for more than a year.

No problem at all!

We all ask the same questions again and again, only because some of us are new and do not know if these questions have been asked for. There's tons of information on this portal as well on google to answer a few of these questions.

That said, why do you think you will have any problems in being gone for less than six months? USCIS doesn't even care nor requires you to fill out any form if you plan to be gone less than six months, and in reality on there website they say, if lgone for less than one year, you are still okay on your GC. I would recommend you read that information, and print it and take it with you if you have doubts.

Even if you were not on US payroll, and/or used only vacation or personal time or sick leave or any other leave, USCIS will not care and will not delay your entry back into the US for a duration of six months absence or less. Be prepared however to answer at PoE that you were gone for what reason (family, personal etc), and you should be okay. Questioning at PoE sometimes has nothing to do with rules and regulations, but more with subjective matters, for eg. kind of officer, if you look sick, etc.

I am travelling to india from September 30th through January 5th. It will be combination of Vacation and work. I will be in US Payroll just like normal.

Will it cause problems. This is my first trip to india after Getting GC for more than a year.
That is just barely over 3 months. Not enough to cause a problem with citizenship, unless you repeat that 3 months in India again and again and again with very short stays in the US in between.

Guys,
I have similar case, and interesting one. Over the last 3 years, I have away form US for approx 3 months each for a total of 5 times. Each time, I timed my absences in a way that for each calendar year, I stayed for more than 6 months in US.

I obtained GC in Dec 2003. So, I am eligible to apply now since I have completed 4 yrs 10 months. My total US residence is 38 months since I got the GC. I always maintaned ties to US during this period like having apartments leased in my name, US job (and sometimes a temporary India job), bank accounts and US salary, etc.

I got married after obtaining GC, hence I had to be in India to visit my wife and kid since they are not allowed to visit USA.

I want your opinions about how sound my citizenship application case is, and also how the adjugating officer would iterpret my application. Do I have any reason to worry?

I will appreciate if somebody could give me an answer to my question.

Thanks

Guys,
I have similar case, and interesting one. Over the last 3 years, I have away form US for approx 3 months each for a total of 5 times. Each time, I timed my absences in a way that for each calendar year, I stayed for more than 6 months in US.

I obtained GC in Dec 2003. So, I am eligible to apply now since I have completed 4 yrs 10 months. My total US residence is 38 months since I got the GC. I always maintaned ties to US during this period like having apartments leased in my name, US job (and sometimes a temporary India job), bank accounts and US salary, etc.

I got married after obtaining GC, hence I had to be in India to visit my wife and kid since they are not allowed to visit USA.

I want your opinions about how sound my citizenship application case is, and also how the adjugating officer would iterpret my application. Do I have any reason to worry?

I will appreciate if somebody could give me an answer to my question.

Thanks

If every thing else is OK (tax return, criminal history, .......etc) you are fine.