Travelling to China

msbabu

I recently got my I 485 approved. My passport expires in Dec 05. I am traveling to China on business in 3 weeks. Do you guys know what I need to do? I have a H1 visa valid till Nov 06. (I think that H1 is invalid once my 485 is approved.
Do i need a new passport? (since it is going to expire in less than 6 months or can I do it after my trip)

I485 applied in Oct03
FP1: May 04
Approved on June 28th 05
Got mail on July 5th 05

msbabu said:
I recently got my I 485 approved. My passport expires in Dec 05. I am traveling to China on business in 3 weeks. Do you guys know what I need to do? I have a H1 visa valid till Nov 06. (I think that H1 is invalid once my 485 is approved.
Do i need a new passport? (since it is going to expire in less than 6 months or can I do it after my trip)

I485 applied in Oct03
FP1: May 04
Approved on June 28th 05
Got mail on July 5th 05

Go to get the I551 stamp. It could be printed on your I94 since your PP will expire in Dec. Everything will be OK with the stamp.
Good luck.

yes, you do need a new passport, you won't be able to come back if your passport is valid for less than 6 months.

I'd also like to remind you that your H visa is now invalid. You must go for PP stamping. I had to get it stamped as well since, just like you, my job is sending me to China for a week.

I will get the passport stamping and then to chinese visa office for F visa. But do I have to get a new passport because if that is the case, then I have to first get the new passport (there might be a risk that this could delay all my other steps).