Travelling on AP.

AKish

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys
Can any one post their experience while travelling with AP? (H1 expired). Leaving the country and reentry the country.
Here is my case, I have approved for 2nd AP, but not yet received and my spouse got a RFE for 2nd AP. Our 1st AP expires on Dec 31st and we are coming back in Jan. If our 2nd AP doesn't come b4 we leave, I was thinking leaving the country with our 1st AP and ask my friend to check my mail, if CSC mails me our 2nd AP, I will ask him to send it to India, if not I will return back b4 31st Dec.
Any inputs guys, GURUS.. please help.
Thanks
Akish

Don't worry. Its really easy to travel on AP.
Please make sure that you have a valid AP while coming back.
Carry 3-4 photocopies of ur AP.
here is step by step process:

1. Hand over your I-94 to airline at time of boarding plane from USA.

2. While coming back from India, if immigration ask you to show the valid visa/permit, show him the AP and if he asks for a copy give him a photocopy.(Don't give original). All immigration officer in India understand and know what is AP.

3. At the POE in USA after landing...go to geen -card holder line at immigration counters with following docs handy
---- your passport
----- Original AP
------ new filled I-94
And most probably IO will see your AP and ask you to go in a room near by. Go there and hand - over your docs to person there. There you might need to wait as they will do some paper work and stamp your original AP, give that back to you and then you are all set.

In case anyone ask you for AP...give him photocopy.Original copies are for INS at the time of your re-entry.
Enjoy your trip....................

gclenahai.
RD/ND Jan 02

Thanks gcLenahai. One more question. As my H1 expired on April 2002, my I94 has a expiry date of April 2002. My status is valid on EAD. Its not a problem b4 leaving the country right or while submitting I94 at port of exit?
Akish

NO PROBLEM. Airline people never check that. Just handle your I-94 to them.

Again....Please make sure that you have a valid AP at time of returning back at POE in USA. Thats what matter.

Enjoy your time in India.......