Travelling on Advance parole..pls help

pt

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,
My wife & kid are travelling on Adavance parole which is expiring 28 Jan'03. Their return date is 25 Jan (which can't be changed due to unavoidable circumstances). Do you think it is risky?? I was thinkin' to apply for extension of AP. Is it possible that she applies and goes to India 'cos her tickets have been booked already. Do you think that there might be some problem in the AP approval as she won't be here at the time of AP approval?? Pls suggest me guys..

thanks

No problem

They will be OK as long as the AP is still valid. Just to be on the safe side apply for renewal in-case the trip gets extended and send them the receipt for renewal or the new AP if it is available by their return date.

Thanks Jibran

But my concern is....Actually i came thru a sentence in AP(I-131) form which says 'Departure from the US or Application for admission to the US before a decision is made on an application for an AP document shall be deemed an abandonment of the application'. Do you think new AP application might have some problem in approval as they will leave before the decision is made.

Need not worry

I believe she should not have any problem entering US as her AP would be valid when she plans to enter.

I have kinda similar acse. My wife is coming to US on the same date of her expiry of AP. Our 485s have been approved but not stamped.

Do not worry u should be okay. I also believe that you are only quoting part of a sentence. If you read the complete paragraph you will yourself find that you are well covered by advance parole. Check with attorney too.