Travelling India with I-551 Stamped

p_card

Registered Users (C)
Hi

My wife is travelling to India in November. Her passport is stamped with I-551. I am hopeful to get the plastic card by then.

What all documents she needs to carry with her?
do she has to carry my employement letter?
will she need transit visa?

Thanks for the help.

regards

None - not even transit visa

She just needs her passport with the the stamping on it.......People all over the world recognises the stamp......

I have travelled too with stamp, without any issue

Last edited by a moderator:
What was written on your approval notice?The reason i'm asking to let me know.
I and my wife received GC.My son and wife case were approved on same date.My wife received the card but still waiting card for my son.

p_card said:
Hi

My wife is travelling to India in November. Her passport is stamped with I-551. I am hopeful to get the plastic card by then.

What all documents she needs to carry with her?
do she has to carry my employement letter?
will she need transit visa?

Thanks for the help.

regards

I'm sure you'll get the cards by then. Incase you don't get the card, a transit visa is required if you are travelling through UK, Paris and Germany. You don't need a transit visa if you are transitting through Netherlands. I travelled through Netherlands on stamped passport in Nov 2004 with out any problem. Some people say transit visa is required for Germany and others say it's not necessary.

Some people say they were not asked for any visa but I think it's a safe bet to take it if you are transitting thru UK, Paris or Germany. Rest depends on you.

Guys, Yesterday I entered US on my physical green card for the first time, the immigration officer did not stamp my passport, I asked him to stamp it but he said that this is not necessory. Is it ok?, or do I need to do something.
Please suggest.

Uhhhh

Technically he should, whether you are GC or Citizen. It is kind of a record on your passport that you have travelled aboroad.

But don't worry about it

I have also travelled recently but mine and my spouse's PP is also NOT stamped. However my child, who is citizen got stamped. I do not know as to what I should do though. My question is does it matter now or for citizenship??