travelling during 485 RFE period

pani321

Registered Users (C)
I got an RFE for my 485 case and I was given 06th Sept as the date to
respond.

I have TWO questions :
==> I am planning to visit India and come back on Sept 03rd and
send the reply for RFE. Is this OK ? Did anybody travel like this ?

==> RFE mentions :
"You are given time until 09/06 in which to submit the info requested "
Does this mean , RFE reply should reach by 09/06
or
RFE reply mail should have 09/06 stamp ?
( like for IRS that sys the TAX returns cover should have stamp of May 15th... )

What is correct ? Please let me know

Thanks in Advance,

You should be fine as long as you have your AP. Don't see a problem as long as you reply to the RFE before Sep 6th! I would say Fedex it to make sure it reaches before Sep 6th.

pani321 said:
I got an RFE for my 485 case and I was given 06th Sept as the date to
respond.

I have TWO questions :
==> I am planning to visit India and come back on Sept 03rd and
send the reply for RFE. Is this OK ? Did anybody travel like this ?

==> RFE mentions :
"You are given time until 09/06 in which to submit the info requested "
Does this mean , RFE reply should reach by 09/06
or
RFE reply mail should have 09/06 stamp ?
( like for IRS that sys the TAX returns cover should have stamp of May 15th... )

What is correct ? Please let me know

Thanks in Advance,

I would respond first RFE before travelling outside country. You never know what would be the circumstances later after leaving RFE behind. There is a possibility that you may get approved after response to RFE. The bottom line is " Take No Chances"

3 days is too short..

Not really sure about "take no chances" but you need to grasp what kind of chances you are taking. 3 days is a very small duration any number of situations can arise, like you getting sick, flight delays etc.

Whats the problem in replying now and then travel? Thats your safest bet, unless you do not have an AP!

Is there a specific reason why you wish to delay replying to the RFE? I would think that you would want to respond ASAP. INS is in an approving mood. God knows how long it will last?

Unless you are planning to go to home to get married, in which case, you DON'T want your 485 approved before you can apply for the dependent. :) That is probably the only justification for delaying RFE response.

In all other scenarios, I would reply to the RFE ASAP!