Travelling back from Canada on AP

maverick_2002

Registered Users (C)
Hello All:

My wife just came back from Canada last week. She was travelling on AP for the first time and alone by road (across the Niagara Falls border). Though she was not questioned or anything, she just had to wait in the office to get her documents back, for about 2.5 hrs.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation?, will she have to go into the office everytime she travels?. Also the next time she travels, does she have to turn in the I-94A to the Canadian authorities?

Anyone with similar experiences or having any insights or information please respond.

Thanks

AR

Hi Maverick2002
It seems the border immigration office is quite ignorant about AP. We had similar situation last year travelling to Canada. On way back, they made us wait about half hour, talked to each other about what AP document is , ultimately gave us new I-94's and let us in.

angelic said:
Hi Maverick2002
It seems the border immigration office is quite ignorant about AP. We had similar situation last year travelling to Canada. On way back, they made us wait about half hour, talked to each other about what AP document is , ultimately gave us new I-94's and let us in.
Do you have an I-94 before leaving? What the officer wrote or stamp on your new I-94?