travelling after interview/test and waiting for oath

Xavier Rocoplan

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

My situation is that me and my wife both have passed test/interview on May 24-2006. In my case the officer told me that have to go thru background check and in my wife's case the officer asked for tax returns transcripts from the IRS (my wife doesnt work here in usa, but still was asked to produce the transcripts). Anyway, i have had some family issues to take care off and hence have been spending more time outside usa for the last 18 months while visiting usa every 5-6 months to ensure the residence status is maintanied. now that i have been told that my application has to go thru background check, how safe is it to continue to travel every 6 onths until my background check is cleared and i get a call for the oath?

ok, just thought to post my question slightly differently (hoping to get some response from the forum).

Is there are rule that requires to stay in USA once you have gone thru your interview/test?

You can travel whereever you want. As long as you meet residency requirements, you should be ok.
I myself had travelled a week before my oath (and after my interview), I simply
answered YES to question on N445 "Have you travelled overseas" and mentioned
dates on which I was overseas. That was sufficient.