Travelling after Finger Prints Expired

baby_mde

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,

My I-485 is pending since 2004. Finger Prints (FP) are going to expire in July 2006, and we are planning visit our parents in August 2006 and returning Sept 2006. And also we are using Advance parole when we return. While we were in abroad we ask post office to hold the letters.

In this regard, I have following questions:

1. How soon USCSI will issue Finger Prints notice after expiration of present
Finger Prints.

2. If USCIS issue a Finger Prints notice while I am in abroad, do I have
enough time to give Finger Prints (I am coming 1st week of Sept, 2006).

3. Does post office will return Finger Print notice to USCIS

Please answer these if anyone of you know.

I can't answer all the questions but I will share my experience.

I got my first FP in Dec' 2004 and second FP in May 2006.

USCIS sent my Second FP on May 16th and asked me to attend on
May 30th. And the notice says if I don't attend on that specified date and tine my case will be abandoned.

In my First FP they gave me plenty of time to attend on any day in 90 days period.

It is so frustating that why USCIS is not giving us enough time and why it is not giving us the second chance to appear for the FP if we miss the first appointment.

My spouse FP is still pending and like you only we are planning to travel abroad in August for 4 weeks and not sure what happens if we get the FP in the same time.

Pinnu and others,

If I remember correctly, when I received 1st FP notice it mentioned a final date and if I failed to give my Finger Prints before this final data my case shall be abandoned. I am sure that we can reschedule within this final date, but I did not remember anything about rescheduling after final date.

My worry is while I am in abroad if these are no option to reschedule Finger Prints beyond the final data I might be in trouble.

And also, I have been seeing people saying that they have given 2nd, 3rd and 4th... time Finger Prints.

Now I am listing USCIS will not schedule any FP notice until his/her PD is current. This is news to me. Is USCIS issued any memo on this??

Can anyone clarify on this?

baby_mde said:
Pinnu and others,

If I remember correctly, when I received 1st FP notice it mentioned a final date and if I failed to give my Finger Prints before this final data my case shall be abandoned. I am sure that we can reschedule within this final date, but I did not remember anything about rescheduling after final date.

My worry is while I am in abroad if these are no option to reschedule Finger Prints beyond the final data I might be in trouble.

And also, I have been seeing people saying that they have given 2nd, 3rd and 4th... time Finger Prints.

Now I am listing USCIS will not schedule any FP notice until his/her PD is current. This is news to me. Is USCIS issued any memo on this??

===> My PD is not current but I still recieved 2nd FP notice. This is the same case with my friends.

Can anyone clarify on this?

Pacha_card,

How soon you received FP notice after expiration of current Finger Prints.

Mine will expire in last week of July and we are going to India in Agust 3rd week.

Do you think I will receive FP notice before I leave????

Are these Fingerprints needed only until the security checks are cleared ?
Our FP's expired in Jan '06 (had first in Oct' 04) but I think our security checks are clear and we haven't received any notice for the second.

Today I received Fp code 3 for me and my family schduled on 27th June.
Yesterday night wife and kids they left for India.
I am here and I can do my FP on time but rest of family can't.
Please share your experience abour rescheduling Fp.
My PD is current.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you re-schedule their FP?
Also, I see you just got your I-485 approved - congrats!!! Since USCIS would probably approve your family's I-485s at this time as well, maybe it is worth getting them back here for FP immediately and then for all to get their GC. Afterwards you won't have this hassle again - and can travel as much as you like with them.

nitinkumar said:
Today I received Fp code 3 for me and my family schduled on 27th June.
Yesterday night wife and kids they left for India.
I am here and I can do my FP on time but rest of family can't.
Please share your experience abour rescheduling Fp.
My PD is current.

I am also in same Boat... My I-485 is pending from July 2004 and i did my 1st FP in May 2005... I am traveling to india in august and returning September. Can someone tell me Who will receive the FP Notice Attorney or self. My first FP went to attorney.